Wednesday, June 18, 2008

You can't stop my heart from turning inside out, try and stop my world from turning inside out

I don't know why I got it in my head that I wanted to take an ice cream sandwich and turn it inside out. Sorta. I make these neapolitan cookies during the holidays, they are usually part of a BIG gift box set of assorted cookies that I send out as gifts. They are nice and buttery and good on their own, but they are so pretty I thought I'd stuff 'em with ice cream and see how that tasted. Damn good, is the answer. I'm sure they could stand to be half the size, but I wanted to make them LONG like regular ice cream sandwiches. And they freeze nicely too.

Maybe this is a part of my new Kris Kross phase and I will try and inside out all kinds of stuff. Or just wear my pants backwards to work. Whatever.

Inside Out Ice Cream Sandwich recipe.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Hilary said...

Those are pretty damn cool! I wish I had an occasion to make them.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:34:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

I didn't. I was just bored. I still have 4 in my freezer.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm! Looks damn good!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:38:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Umm, YUM! What do I need to do to get on this gift basket list? :)

Side note: this kid in my class in 5th grade wrote an article for the school paper about how difficult peeing had become because of wearing pants Kris Kross style. He got suspended.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Heather said...

Those ice cream sandwiches just make we want to "jump, jump!" I actually used to like that song back in the day. I looove ice cream sandwiches, they are honestly my weakness! As long as my husband buys them I keep eating them, I told him to stop already! But, what do I seen in our freezer, well... ice cream sandwiches! Aaaah!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Babs said...

Those ice cream sandwiches are definitely not wickety wickety wickety wack!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:31:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

Yum! And easy, to boot!

When do you find time to get bored?

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:51:00 PM  
Blogger sko_G knits said...

looks delicious. in fact, i think i have some neopolitan at home

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:11:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

OMG! Those look so good!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:17:00 PM  
Anonymous cc said...

I now have the song stuck in my head and I didn't even click on the link. And while I didn't dress backwards, I did enjoy the song, a lot. Don;t look at me like I'm crazy I was in junior high.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Waist High said...

Mighty Lemon Drops reference, very obscure. I was just listening to that song the other day. Good girl Jen!

Thursday, June 19, 2008 9:06:00 AM  
Anonymous alibaba37 said...

Jenn, you amaze me every freaking day! Those look delicious, so much so, I almost licked the screen.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tellin ya - cookbook

-kat

Friday, June 20, 2008 2:27:00 PM  
Blogger a n n e said...

Yum! I want some and I don't even eat ice cream!

Monday, June 23, 2008 10:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home