Thursday, July 17, 2008

I vant to suck your blood.

The Baby has taken to feigning disbelief. It's always, 'WHAT.' Whenever anyone says something. What, period. Not only that, he has developed some weird Transylvanian accent lately so now everything is, VHAT . 'I see Elmo on tv.' VHAT. 'We're having chicken for dinner.' VHAT. It's really annoying. So here's my list of 'VHAT's, cause some things, I just can't believe either.

1. When you send someone an email and they take forever to write you back, or don't even write you back period!
VHAT.
Especially when it's a stranger who you don't even know, rude! True, I sometimes take a while to email back but that's usually yahoo's spam filter's fault. Just don't subject mail to me: "Enlarge your penis now, justJenn" and we should be fine.

2. People who think their babies are the cutest babies on earth.
VHAT.
Hey, we all think that about our own, I don't need to hear about yours all day.

3. My boss telling me that I have to drive to Santa Monica, then Glendale, then downtown. Starting at 1pm.
VHAT.
Terrible, but I pawned it off on someone else. There's no way I could do all that and get home to pick up my kids on time. I'm sure there is a random blog post floating around somewhere: "Can you believe my coworker made me drive from Santa Monica, to Glendale, to downtown?? VHAT??"

4. Internet haters.
VHAT.
I always threaten that I'm going to shut down this blog someday, and it's mostly because people are just straight up rude and judgemental and feel like it's ok to talk crap about someone they don't even know. Why can't they just passive aggressively hate in silence like the rest of us? I'd go Amish and give up the internet, but the outfits are horrible.

5. Being fat.
VHAT.
I have been watching crap tv Denise Richard's and Kimora Lee Simmon's reality shows at night lately and both have been going through an 'I am fat phase' and man, I can relate. I am not a celebrity mom, but I do have two kids and no time, and I know what it's like when your body just ain't what it was pre-kids. sigh.

6. Getting a wedding invite with no rsvp envelope.
VHAT.
Oh, there was an rsvp CARD, but no envelope. Hey you cheap bastard, pony up the 42 cent stamp. That's just bad etiquette.

I'm sure you guys have some VHATs, too. Believe me, you'll have VHAT stuck in your head all day now. Thanks, Baby.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I hate slow-to-no email responders. Drives me CRAZY! One thing I'm quick about is email.

And RSVP card minus stamp is not okay.

Sorry about the haters. Maybe it's because you're so awesome, they have something to be jealous of.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People/strangers who email you asking for help or information of some kind and you take the time to answer their questions and/or provide the info and then they never take the time to email a thank you. Grrr.

-myra

Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:38:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Yes, very annoying.

Uh-huh! Some babies just aren't cute either. Sorry, but that's the truthh.

I don't get the internet haters. As in understand or receive. I think the more you get haters, the more popular you are, so I guess that's a good thing??? I hope to just have one, someday. Ha!

Okay, if Kimora and Denise are FAT, then I'm elephantine! I haven't even had a baby and am huge lately, so yeah, that's a VHAT as well.

Usually I'm the cause of other VHATs in my life.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 6:45:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Elephantine is an excellent name for a baby. VHAT.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 6:50:00 PM  
Blogger starry said...

I hate when people refer to everyday friends to IRL friends like people online aren't real people. Some of the people I know online I know better than the people I've actually gone to school with!

Friday, July 18, 2008 6:42:00 AM  
Blogger suburban housefrau said...

Sending out an invite w/ no RSVP anything is weird also. I'm like, do they want to know if we're coming? Do they CARE?!? (This would be husband's lame friends)

Friday, July 18, 2008 12:07:00 PM  
Blogger Carol Browne said...

People that show up to your office without an appointment. VHAT? They just show up and start talking to you like you have all the time in the world. Why not call ahead? Book an appointment? VHAT? UGH.

Friday, July 18, 2008 2:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Alexis said...

I'm right there with you on those--but I confess that sometimes I'm a slow e-mail responder. Boo, me!

Friday, July 18, 2008 4:31:00 PM  
Blogger J.Ho said...

vhat #1: *ulp* i'm guilty of that one. but you can kick my ass in person when you see me at con!

Saturday, July 19, 2008 2:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you graciously tell someone no 3 times and they keep pushing. vhat?

I've actually thought about e-mailing you lately, but haven't. no vhat.

-kat

Sunday, July 20, 2008 5:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home