Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I wish I was in Tijuana, eating BBQ iguana

The other night I dreamt that I was eating pins. Like sewing pins. Ugh. I woke up with a start, sick to my stomach. My dreams are vivid, almost real. What did it mean? Was I hungry? Do I need to sew more? I'm thinking it's just stress manifesting itself, yet again.

The stress of the kids, tons of stuff I have to do this month, that and the world's most stressful job is all catching up to me. Pre-kids my job in architecture landed me in the hospital more than once. Now that I am older and wiser, it is supposed to be different. But the tides are turning. And once again I am not managing my stress well. As you can tell I bake a lot when I'm stressed, obviously, every other post is something I've whipped up that day. (For those of you who could care less about my life, there will be a recipe at the end of this, I promise.) Besides baking, I practice yoga every morning, and have been doing so on my own for years, but I thought I had better get back into the studio for some professional help, before this stress takes control of me.

So I went to a new fancy schmancy new studio, and in the middle of it, I was lying there thinking, 'Why the hell am I paying to lie here on the floor?' Then it hit me. The quiet. 60 minutes of pure silence. No boss yelling for plans. No kids fighting. No traffic. No birds chirping. (*shakes fist* Shut up birds!) Just...silence. I could feel the stress melting away. It was liberating. And worth 20 bucks.In addition to my new found silence, of course comfort foods = stress relief. Nothing is more comforting than Mexican Hot Chocolate. Why Mexican? Well, it's the cinnamon. The sweet and spicy combo of cinnamonand chocolate just makes it rich and wonderful and just WOW. So I took those flavors and made mini cupcakes, what else? My brother said these were so good I should sell them. Not gonna happen, but here is the recipe. Hopefully I will no longer dream of pins and just dream of mini cupcakes. Sweet, sweet, stress-less dreams.

Mini Mexican Cocoa Cupcakes recipe

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I love cinamon and chocolate together!! When I was little I used to eat hunks of Mexican Chocolate.

They always say working out helps stress, and I've found it really does. At least spinning does for me.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 8:12:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Give me $20 and I'll let you lie on my living room floor for 60 minutes of silence.

Hope the stress lets up soon.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I second Darlene! I'll even make the birds outside be quiet!

I keep having vivid dreams about your kids and I don't know what that's about. Maybe I just miss them.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 3:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Alexis said...

I would definitely pay $20 for an hour of silence. It sounds like heaven, as do the mini-cupcakes. They definitely look as though I'd be less stressed if I ate some.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 4:01:00 PM  
Anonymous doahleigh said...

Yesterday I was hemming a pair of pants and I kept holding the pins in my mouth. I wondered what would happen if I accidentally swallowed one. I actually visualized the whole process - like maybe it would get stuck in my intestines and I'd always have a sharp pain down there. Or you know, maybe it would come out and holy hell that would hurt.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 7:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home