Thursday, July 03, 2008

Putting back the pieces of a broken dream

Fourth of July is a big day. My Uncle's party doesn't start until the late afternoon, but I like to get there early so I can snag me a good parking space. That of course leaves hours of time to kill. While I wish that meant me sitting on my ass eating guacamole for two hours, sadly, it means I need to find things to entertain the boys. Damn kids.

I packed a big bag with puzzles, toys, snacks, and crayons. The Kid loves to draw, so I designed an notepad and I thought I'd add a little circus tent with his name on it, to decorate the top of the sheets. I bunched a few together and made them into a notepad. Now he can draw all kinds of circus-y things under the big top. I figured it was better than plain old paper.

They are, of course, for sale in the shop. While they are great for kids, I think I will make one for myself and take it into the next staff meeting...

From now until this Sunday, July 6th - buy one, GET ONE FREE. After that, you're on your own, sucka. Happy Fourth! Circus notepad, here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous John said...

So I'm behind! What's new? My favourite children's book (for this month anyway) is "Let's Get a Pup!" by Bob Graham (Walker, £10.99). I'm a children's book fan, being both a writer and teacher, and this is beautifully illustrated and even more beautifully written.

Thursday, July 03, 2008 1:19:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Have fun!

Friday, July 04, 2008 1:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to order these awesome notepads and the order form doesn't change the pricing to reflect the "2 for 1" offer. It is priced for 2. Should I go ahead and order them anyway and you can change the pricing later?

Saturday, July 05, 2008 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

You can just order and pay for the one, and I'll email you about the name and color of the free one!

Saturday, July 05, 2008 7:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home