Friday, July 11, 2008

Shazbot!

So I watched some of that horrible summer show, "I Survived a Japanese Game Show." Ok. It's entertaining as hell. But here's the question, who the hell signs a contract to be a on a show where they have no clue that they will be whisked halfway across the world? I mean, how dumb - people will do anything to be on tv. I'm glad the contestants are adapting more since they started off looking like horrible Americans. But you know the Japanese, they crayzay too. They come up with some crazy useless junk. For instance I saw these Japanese egg molds and jumped for joy at the pure cute/uselessness of them.

It just so happened that O.G. just bought me this ridiculous stupid egg cooker that is, of course, shaped like an egg. What. Suddenly she thinks she's Mork from Ork. The thing doesn't work for sh*t. Next time I will just boil them the old fashioned way. In any case, I boiled some eggs, and while they were still warm, pressed them into the molds and stuck them in the fridge. The kids were all excited to see the eggs shaped into a car and a fishy.

The Kid munched his up but the Baby, as usual, was put off by the fact that - 'Wait a minute, THIS AIN'T A CAR...IT'S AN EGG!" Cue hysteria. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Hilary said...

I'm with the Baby on this one. That egg thing is WEIRD.

Friday, July 11, 2008 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I think it's awesome! Food shaped like other stuff!

Friday, July 11, 2008 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

I'm all for useless as long as it means cute. Eggs shaped like anything=awesome. I like poached eggs, though, so that wouldn't work out too well.

Friday, July 11, 2008 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger Carol Browne said...

Mork calling Orson...come in Orson!

Friday, July 11, 2008 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger camille said...

i just saw those at the japanese dollar store! they had a bear and a rabbit head mold also, but i didn't get 'em. more interested in the little lunch containers. :)

Friday, July 11, 2008 8:08:00 PM  
Anonymous cc said...

The guys use the egg cooker on the truck. They can't exactly boil water while driving.

Friday, July 11, 2008 9:29:00 PM  
Anonymous p. said...

i've been amused by all your food-shaped-like-something else adventures for your kids...until now. this one makes me gag a little. and i LOVE eggs.

Saturday, July 12, 2008 8:37:00 AM  
Blogger SAJ said...

That's hilarious.

Sunday, July 13, 2008 2:32:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I read that that show wasn't "real." (Like most reality tv, I suppose!) It did look entertaining, but I haven't seen it.

Eggs shaped like anything=the most disgusting thing EVER!!! Unless it's a Cadbury Creme Egg, of course.

Sunday, July 13, 2008 8:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home