Monday, July 28, 2008

Stay classy, San Diego

Home from the con. I can't believe the week went by so fast. For the first time ever I feel completely stress free. That week was really relaxing - I didn't think about work once. And for the first time in months I didn't get a migraine. Ah, stress free.

I was really glad to have a table this year. When I usually just go as a fan it's exhausting. My feet ache, my back hurts, but this time, lots o' sittin'. Also, since I had to be at my table everyone came to ME. Ha. Me = lazy. I saw so many friends I never get to spend time with, it's sad that everyone lives so far away. AND I got to eat the best tacos ever. San Diego, you rock the tacos.

I also got MANY visits by blog readers (who I won't name since they probably want to be anonymous like me) who came out of the woodwork. They shyly approach the table and ask 'Are you Jenn?' Um... That's what it says on the sign...why, are you going to hand me a summons? Turns out they were all blog readers. As much as I joke that I am scared of being internet stabbed, it was awesome to get to talk to people who read everyday and even cook my recipes. Cool. That still amazes me.

I made 50+ Burger Bites for the weekend and gave them out to friends. (A lot of people I forgot to give them to - sorry!) As I was handing one over someone yelled, "OH MY GOD THOSE ARE THE COOKIES FROM THAT SHOWER INVITATION I SAW ON THE INTERNET!" Doh. That and the fact that I got my picture taken for a magazine? I guess my whole 'being anonymous on the internet' plan has gone down the toilet.

It's nice to be home, I think the kids missed me, but I doubt it. Let's just say they will be back on my healthy home-cooked meals diet, asap. Sorry kids, no more crappy box mac 'n' cheese or happy meals, MOMMY'S HOME. Poor monkeys.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I wish I went :( I promise I wouldn't have stabbed you

Monday, July 28, 2008 12:54:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

You look great as Hello Kitty! Oh, wait, that's not you? I assumed it was the pic they took for the magazine. ;)

Monday, July 28, 2008 1:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Jacqueline said...

thanks for the goods and the cookies! boy, was it something trying to find your booth. i hope my sister likes the cards she asked for. it was good meeting you!

Monday, July 28, 2008 2:56:00 PM  
OpenID kuism said...

LOL! I love the girl dressed as HK. I can only imagine the headache she must of had after walking around like that all day. XD

I generally do not stab. Poke with a spork... maybe. ^-^

Monday, July 28, 2008 5:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Suzanne said...

Wait, that's not you dressed as Hello Kitty?

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I'm so glad it was good for you and migraine-free. I just wish I'd gotten more photos. Sorry I ate almost all of your burger bite cookies myself. Peppermint Patties and 'Nilla Wafers...two things I just can't resist!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home