Friday, August 08, 2008

Are Gringos falling from the sky?!
Yes, El Guapo!

Ok, gringos aren't falling from the sky, but babies are. At least it seems that way. Well, that's cause storks drop them...right? Huh. I better look that up. Anyway, what is the deal with the baby boom? It's like babies, babies everywhere all of a sudden.

I received two baby announcements in one day. It surprised me only because I had no idea these people were even pregnant. That's the problem with living far away from people who you only talk to about once a year. You don't get that full experience of seeing them go through the 9 month thing. And I kinda like that cause it makes you feel like you are going through it with them.

I had a bunch o' gifts to send so I made up these baby cards. I made them to congratulate the new parents - who shocked me with the baby news - but I figured they'd be a good idea for moms who need a quick 'thank you' to toss in the mail. AND they have the baby's name on them, so you know - they're special.If you know a pregnant woman, (who doesn't, I currently know like, 4) these make great shower/congratulations gifts. You can find them in the shop, of course.

Hey Baby! cards, here.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous alibaba37 said...

The baby boom is insane! Everywhere I turn I see women about to pop! My best friend is in the hospital giving birth as I type this! Once I know the name, I'll be in the shop for your latest awesome design! Thanks again for the cupcake cards you so graciously gave me at Comic-con! Alison

Friday, August 08, 2008 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Friday, August 08, 2008 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

My friend in Phoenix just had twins so of course I ordered some for her. But I think I may have screwed it up by putting *both* names on the cards. They aren't short names either.

Friday, August 08, 2008 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

So cute! I'll probably order some of these after Em Dash's arrival. Will "Diva Muffin" fit on the cards because that's what we've decided to name her? Oh, crap. Frank Zappa already took that name. Back to the drawing board...

Friday, August 08, 2008 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

the boom is happening here too!! love the little notecards!

Friday, August 08, 2008 1:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello JJ,

just wondering where do you print all your cards? home? and what printer do you use?
love love you blog!! you crack me up!! your recipes rule too, made a few and i love it!!

Friday, August 08, 2008 3:58:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I know at least 10 pregnant people right now. I wish I was kidding. Most are having boys.

Saturday, August 09, 2008 1:13:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

wow- it is pretty crazy... 2 expectants were added tonight to the 2 or 3 we already know! I'm excited for them, but adding up the number of baby showers I'll be throwing! I'll be looking here for inspiration! (how's that for pressure? :P)

Sunday, August 10, 2008 6:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home