Sunday, August 24, 2008

Buddy: We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.

When this shower was planned I told Nanette, I dunno, but I think the theme might be diabetes. I definitely went for a sugar overload with the baking. Nanette's MIL hosted the event at her gorgeous home, she had a pink and green bunny theme and did amazing decorations and a lovely lunch.
Me? I just did dessert and favors. It was a great set up since that was my only responsibility I could just focus on that, which I really enjoyed doing. Here's a list of what I put together:

Burger bites (cause they were in the invitations)
Neapolitan cookies
Mexican Wedding cookies (Nanette's fave)
mini cocoa cupcakes
strawberry and chocolate maltballs
a cereal bar with four different cereals
'sleeping baby' lemon cupcakes
Broken Glass Jello

The sleeping cupcake babies were probably the biggest hit. They were surprisingly easy to do, and people seemed to get a kick out of them. I think I might do it again for one of the kid's birthday parties.

For favors made personalized cards (soon to be in the shop since I am redoing things) and (even more!) cupcakes. I put them in an individual cup-a-cake holder - those things work fabulous! I am so impressed with how you can even turn it on it's side and the cupcake doesn't even fall - fantastic! For the cupcake favors, I made a spice cupcake with cinnamon frosting. I knew those would hold up the best, flavor wise and not dry out.It was a hot day, but everything turned out just as I had hoped. I couldn't have done with without Nanners MIL that's for sure. That woman is a party animal. I got many catering biznass propositions, but as always, I say NO. Cause then all the fun would go away!

There's a theme here you see. If you look closely there are little pink hearts on everything, from the invitations, to the food to the favors. And since Nanette and I basically became friends over baking, baked goods (not diabetes) was a running theme as well. I think it went well, only the guests could tell you for sure, but I had a lot of fun baking. As I told Nanette, you know me and the boredom - now that it's over, NOW WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?

Thanks for all the contest entries, a winner will be picked soon.
More shower pics, HERE and on Nanette's blog.

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Thanks again for a kickass shower!!!

Sunday, August 24, 2008 11:07:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

that is one fab dessert spread. yum. yay diabetes!

Sunday, August 24, 2008 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

It was a fun shower and thank goodness--NO GAMES!!! Awesome! I'd never been to as posh baby showers as this weekend. I also had a blast playing with The Kid, even if I couldn't get him to say, "Awwwwww..." with everyone whenever Nanette held up an adorable, girly (usually pink) outfit!

Sunday, August 24, 2008 11:43:00 PM  
Anonymous doahleigh said...

Like I said on Nanette's blog - you sure know how to throw a party out there! Amazing.

Monday, August 25, 2008 6:33:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Nice job, Jenn! As if there was any doubt you wouldn't rock it out with all the desserts.

So, ah, what's next? Wanna fly up to Seattle and do the desserts for my shower in October? I kid, I kid. :)

Monday, August 25, 2008 8:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Hilary said...

Jenn, that was amazing. Is it too early to beg you to bake for my showers? Not that I'm dating anyone or with child, but ya know...

Monday, August 25, 2008 9:20:00 AM  
Blogger jami said...

It was amazing! And that was BEFORE I got to the favors. Thank you!!

Monday, August 25, 2008 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Mogul said...

WOWOW you can throw me a shower! LOL

Monday, August 25, 2008 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

all those yummies! great job, jenn!

Monday, August 25, 2008 1:20:00 PM  
Blogger suburban housefrau said...

I made broken glass jello for an 8/8/8 party. It didn't go over very well. First it wasn't near as nice looking as yours, and mine was SOOOO sweet. That condensed milk really was a little much. What did I do wrong?!

Monday, August 25, 2008 2:56:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

SH -
That is weird about the jello. It shouldn't be overly sweet, it should just taste...like jello. Odd.

Monday, August 25, 2008 8:04:00 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Those baby cupcakes are awesome! I would never have enough patience to even attempt something like that. Great job!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:42:00 AM  
Blogger Keely said...

You are just awesome! But now I need to go check my blood sugar since I'm sure the pictures alone have sent my blood sugar soaring. :P

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:16:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Awesome, like always.

I'm having shower drama around here. Why can't my friends be more like you? -sigh-

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 1:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home