Thursday, August 28, 2008

Elaine:Mr. Pitt eats his Snickers bars with a knife and fork.
George: That's the way these society types eat their candy bars.

Thanks so much for all the birthday wishes! I still didn't get a card from the kids but someday they'll have to feed me and put me to bed so payback's a-coming, baby.

I have always liked corn. I blame O.G. The woman is nutso for corn. Creamed corn, corn on the cob, corn soup, we ate it all. Right now is corn heaven at the Farmer's Market. You have to move fast though or you'll miss it. The sweetest corn is the white corn, I've found. And it's perfect for grilling. Like the true Mexicans we are - at least it seems that way, doesn't it? Damn we eat a lot of Mexican food. I guess we are just true Angelenos. Anyway, like the true Angelenos we are, I roast the corn with butter and cheese for the boys. They really like it.

Now here's the thing. You can REALLY tell the difference between the two kids in their style of corn eating. The Baby? Chomping on the cob like there's gold in there.Meanwhile, the Kid? Well...he's the Thurston Howell of corn eating.

Fake Mexican Roasted Corn recipe

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger madelyn said...

Ever try Old Bay on corn on the cob? The best.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:07:00 AM  
Blogger CageQueen said...

I will *only* eat white corn. So sweet and delicious!

Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:25:00 AM  
Blogger jami said...

Try this: http://projects.washingtonpost.com/recipes/2008/06/18/cambodian-grilled-corn/

I heard about it on one of the NPR cooking shows this weekend, and it sounds AMAZING.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:45:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Wait, what? No lime? And you call yourself a Mexican. ;)

Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

Girlfriend,
I made that corn today, with butter, salt, pepper and parmesan. Sooooo effing good. You're my hero. I was even able to eat 1 and 1/2 cobs! And with my new tummy, that is a ton of corn.

Monday, September 01, 2008 4:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home