Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Heaven knows we sure had some fun boy,
what a kick just a buddy and me

I took a day off recently and spent some time with the kids. I know I spend 24/7 with them anyway, but most of that is me yelling at them to pee IN the toilet, not around it.

For our day of fun, we ended up at Disneyland. As always. Much like his overly organized mother, the Kid made a list, no, a schedule - of what we needed to do, and presented it to me before we left:Of course it was the hottest day of the year, and for some reason EVERYTHING broke down (some things AS we were riding them) basically, it was a nightmare. Yet...one of our best days ever. I don't know, the Kid was never happier. Which made ME exceedingly happy. Needless to say due to the chaos, it did not go according to his plan, but he was still happy and satisfied. Thank goodness.

What DID go according to plan was me keeping them hydrated and fed:

That's trail mix where someone took out all the raisins and put them on my purse, (thanks, Baby) and juice. And here's my snack:That'd be two Excedrin Migraine. Did I mention it was hot? Oh. Let me mention it again, IT WAS HOT. I was trying desperately to avoid a migraine and thankfully I was successful. Back to more peeing. With both kids potty trained, this is a good and a bad thing. Because inevitably you get to the front of a line and HELLO MOMMY I HAVE TO PEE. Dammit. I miss diapers. Heck, if I wore diapers I'd get so much more done.

One mistake I made was not getting a 'birthday pin', because if you go on your birthday they give you a pack of free tortillas at the Tortilla Factory. Jigga what? It could have been 'Iron Chef Battle : Tortillas' up in here.

Since today is my actual birthday I can only hope that I get tortillas, and that someone pees in the toilet. Even if it's just me. Beggars can't be choosers.

Labels: ,

30 Comments:

Anonymous Lynn said...

My kids still talk about their trip to Disneyland when we met up with you guys. Whenever we talk about Disneyland they always mention your kids!

Disneyland = Jenns kids

Happy Birthday!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 3:00:00 AM  
Blogger suburban housefrau said...

Hippo Birdie!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 5:14:00 AM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

Happy birthday! We'll all pee around the toilet today, in honor of you!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 5:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Emily said...

Happy birthday - and I'll pee in the toilet in honor of you (not that I don't normally do that of course)!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 5:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Sberry said...

happy birthday!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 6:05:00 AM  
Blogger deanna said...

That is sooo cute that the Kid made a list on what rides he wanted to go on! I love it! Have a great birthday!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 7:31:00 AM  
Blogger SAJ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 7:39:00 AM  
OpenID discotrash said...

Happy Birthday Jenn!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 7:44:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

happy birthday! i like the kid's organized ways.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:00:00 AM  
Blogger Lissete said...

Happy Birthday! I love that the still have Mr Toad's at DL!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:23:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! And the Kid's right. Peter Pan is ALWAYS the last ride.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:35:00 AM  
Blogger thatShortChick said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:37:00 AM  
Blogger Kirby said...

Happy Birthday!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:49:00 AM  
Blogger APlanet4Creation said...

Happy Birthday!!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:53:00 AM  
Blogger Wakeful D said...

Happy Birthday!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:55:00 AM  
Blogger starry said...

Woah as I was reading this there were no comments lol. Yeah... I read slow.

Happy Birthday and many happy tortilla!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Marci said...

Happy Birthday Jenn!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:33:00 AM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

Happy Birthday! I got my pin early this year since my pass was about to expire and for the first time, got my tortillas! Talk about yum-e! But they only gave 6 this time. I heard someone got double the amount before! oh well - the economy? Here's to you getting 12+ tortillas on your birthday. :)

Happy Birthday!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Hillary said...

Happy Birthday!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Happy birthday! In your honor, I'm coming over to pee IN your toilet! (Totally not kidding...)

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger ren said...

Happy Happy to you!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

Happy Birthday!!! Have a good one!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 1:09:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Happy birthday!!!!!!!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 1:12:00 PM  
Blogger dp said...

Happy Birthday!!! Birthday pin?!!? Where do you get that??!!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 2:27:00 PM  
Blogger bethany actually said...

Happy birthday to you!!!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 2:52:00 PM  
Blogger Monkey Bean said...

We're currently in the process of potty training our son so I'm just happy if/when he makes it to the bathroom on time. :)

Happy Birthday!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 3:42:00 PM  
OpenID babsinblogland said...

Jigga who?

Happy Birthday!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 4:08:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

happy birthday!!!
something hello kitty to come your way =)
so that's why i smell pee in the bathroom...it's not going in the toilet...
i've yet to train the 2 year old girl to potty...will need to take a week off in october...but yes so much easier in diapers - not sure about little girls and public restrooms though, at least boys can stand.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Brandon said...

Thanks so much for your article, very helpful info.
mortgage payment calculator | coral dresses | Ottawa airport

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Arnold said...

This cannot really work, I feel so.
Edmonton flights | swinger wife | Oregon Beaches

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home