Monday, August 11, 2008

I saw Cowboy Dan. I didn't like the look on his face. It was like this...so I killed him.

My MIL is gone for a week. Which means I have no babysitter. Back to regularly scheduled programming. People without kids tend to think that those of us with kids don't want to spend time with them. In fact the opposite is true. I'd love to go out with my friends, but the logistics of finding a babysitter, spending the money for one, and the guilt of getting one, well - it takes a lot. I wish I could do things on a moment's notice, but things just aren't as easy as they seem.

That's why when the mom2be told me she wanted to invite kids to her shower, I was 1) in awe of her kindly thinking of those moms who may not make it otherwise 2) in shock at what could turn out to be a major headache. I love kids, (Mine, not yours. Yours are a nightmare.) but if you invite them to a party it might not always go so smooth. I blame the parents. Myself included. They just need to keep from being bored, and have something that will keep them entertained.

When I throw parties I like to make little fun packs especially for the kids. It not only makes them feel included but it also keeps them occupied. Yay on both accounts. For this upcoming shower, I made personalized circus notepads - having your name on anything makes you feel good whether you are big or small - unless it's a subpoena. I also included super cheap colored pencils I found at Target for just 67 cents. Score. And a little candy never hurt anyone, so organic TJ pops oughta do it too.So I made these for all the kids coming to the shower. These fun packs will keep them busy for a good 10 minutes. After that? Well, deal with it parents, I did my best.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger the slackmistress said...

You know your kids are always welcome at our house. It's just that it's up to you to keep 'em away from the booze.

Monday, August 11, 2008 4:00:00 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

That's a great idea and yeah, that'll last about 10 mins. But so super cute.

Then what? Toilet papering the front lawn?

Monday, August 11, 2008 4:04:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I don't even know if my friends with kids still exist. It's impossible to see them :( But hey, I still love em and I totally understand.

You are so thoughtful and nice to do that.

Monday, August 11, 2008 4:33:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

VHAT??? There are kids coming to the shower. Hmmm. I may be *cough* coming down with something. Ha! Kidding, of course. Too bad The Kid probably won't talk to me at all.

P.S. Of all my friends with kids, you are the most social one I know and I probably see you the most. For some, it's been years!

Monday, August 11, 2008 4:51:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

**squeal** Those are soooo cute! The kids are gonna love 'em!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger SAJ said...

I loved the little "fun pack" you made for BB at the gallery show you came to. That was beyond thoughtful. I wish I was more like you.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:24:00 AM  
Blogger jami said...

BTW, I had no idea the kiddos were invited. I'm bringing Bug and leaving Boy-o with his daddy. Thank you for including them!

Look forward to seeing you. I may not be able to see straight - we are moving on Saturday! I also may have nothing to wear. Hmm.

Saturday, August 16, 2008 10:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home