Sunday, August 10, 2008

Kent? This is God.

I knew that the Farmer's Market would be full of summer fruits, so I couldn't wait to go and pick up some inspiration. Then I get an email to my phone and it's Martha Stewart and she is all 'What up, beyotch? Check out this recipe for peaches, yo.' Ok, that wasn't what the email said, but it was a recipe for roasted vanilla peaches with raspberries.

Well, the recipe sounded ok, with a few minor adjustments. One, I decided to ditch the raspberries and try and simplify the recipe as much as possible. I'm a woman on the go you see, I don't have time for no stinkin' raspberries. Or I just didn't feel like it. Whatever. Two, I added cinnamon. Cause I always do.

So I hoofed it over to the Farmer's Market and lo and behold, the loveliest of peaches. I bought a few because after I attempted her recipe, I was going to make my old tried and true one for baked streusel peaches. (Recipe later). The boys and I wandered the market. Eating kettle corn and drinking agua frescas.
With some adjustments, her vanilla peach recipe was fantastic. Like a sign from above, now I await another email to tell me what to make next. If she tells me to stand in a house in front of a giant jiffy pop. I'm in trouble.

Roasted Vanilla Peaches with vanilla ice cream recipe

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

Cinnamon makes everything better, I say. Those look tasty.

Monday, August 11, 2008 7:41:00 AM  
Blogger e said...

OooooOOooo, Looks delish!

Did you ever post your mini pumpkin pie recipe?

Monday, August 11, 2008 1:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Steph said...

I F-ing love Real Genius.

Monday, August 11, 2008 8:22:00 PM  
Blogger sarah j. gim said...

what do you mean, no? martha always sounds like that when she emails me, yo :)

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home