Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Michael: I need my entourage. Jim, Dwight, Ryan - come on, we're going to Asian Hooters.

My MIL came in the room screaming. I thought one of the kids was hurt. Instead she said, "THE PREGNANT MAN HAD HIS BABY!!"

God. Anyway, not only is my MIL here for another 4 weeks, but now my FIL is here as well. How does this change things? Well my MIL will eat just about anything I make, which is great. My FIL is skeptical of anything that is not asian food. This is hard for me, since the only time I really cook Japanese food is on New Year's Day. I can do it, I just prefer tacos. I'm Mexican like that.

So first thing we headed to the Japanese market. I put together a really quick simple dinner, with very minimal prep. Just boil the noodles, heat the sauce and toss stuff in at random.The 'stuff' was kamaboko, green onion, char siu and fried nori chips. Those things are damn good. They are considered snacks, and supposedly taste great with beer, but I put them in the broth with the noodles and it's really tasty.

Tomorrow - I make Korean food. sigh. I miss tacos.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous alibaba37 said...

Yummy udon! Can't wait to see the Korean food. Your site makes me hungry!

Tuesday, August 05, 2008 8:49:00 AM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

it sounded like you took your ILs to Indian Restaurant in SG, a real Asian Hooters minus the D cup boobs.

I love udon noodles and I always throw different stuff in like bok choy and more fish cakes.

Can't wait to see what you'll end up making.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008 10:28:00 AM  
Blogger desdemona said...

hmmm. a pregnant man. wow!

Tuesday, August 05, 2008 9:02:00 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Fried nori chips! Yes!

Tuesday, August 05, 2008 11:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Ku said...

Being that my hubby is part Japanese. Guess what we have for breakfast, lunch and dinner... no not really. He loves bbq ribs. LOL. I got lucky with his father, his mother is anal though.

Can I just say now, that I hate udon? >.> Like really. I'd rather eat natto then udon. :p

Kimchi!!!!

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 4:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home