Monday, August 04, 2008

Out on bail fresh outta jail, California dreamin'
Soon as I stepped on the scene, I'm hearin hoochies screamin'

Saturday was wedding of two old friends of mine. I also got to see people that I only see about once a year, so it was like a mini reunion. In a weird coincidence, the I recognized the videographer as some dude I went to kindergarten with!

The wedding was at the historic La Venta Inn, a spanish villa high in the hills of Palos Verdes. It's a place where everyone tries to book for their weddings, and with good reason, the views of the Los Angeles coastline looking north are fantastic.This picture cracked me up. I took it after the ceremony when we all settled in for lunch. Everyone just happened to be be wearing VERY LARGE sunglasses on for this morning wedding. That's how we roll. The weather has been fantastic lately - cool breezes and just the most perfect amount of sun.

Both the bride and the groom are architects, as was everyone in the room. It was like an AIA convention up in there. The set up was gorgeous. I thought the table centerpieces were fantastic until I heard "and we are giving away the centerpieces..." and I thought - oh crap. I'm totally going to win. And I did.
Just how the hell was I supposed to get a six foot motherf*ing tall centerpiece into my car?? Cut to my friend and I hanging off the balcony, me holding the flowers while he dumped the water. Sadly, I had to ditch the flowers and I strapped the 3' vase in my passenger seat. That vase will stay far away from the kids is all I'm sayin'.

When the bride and I worked at the same architecture firm, we did a lot of late nights and listened to a lot of gangsta rap. The reception music, just as I figured, reflected as much. Some things never change.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

california love :)
nice AIA convention ;)

Monday, August 04, 2008 3:38:00 PM  
Blogger Wakeful D said...

Oh man, you too?

I was once in studio at 3AM, trying to finish a model. I asked myself "How much longer am I going to be here?" and 50 Cent (on my iPod, of course) replied "We gonna be up in this bitch 'till we break daylight"

Monday, August 04, 2008 8:39:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I just don't get the gangsta rap thing with you. It seems so out of character! Fo shizzle.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 5:57:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love the pictures!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home