Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pretending not to see his gun,
I said lets go out and have some fun

O.G. loves the Olympics. So much so, that she COLLECTS Olympic glasses/cups. So much so, that she has a VIDEO TAPE of the 1984 Olympics sitting on her shelf that she busts out every so often. Insane. So I called her up to see how she's been enjoying it so far and she said, "Michael Phelps makes me sick. Why does he have to win everything?" Ok...that's some Olympic spirit she's got there.
I am not watching the Olympics, I am entering the final stretch of my own baking Olympics in preparation for this upcoming shower. However, because I am a moron, I chose to take on things that can only be made the day before. Hi. I'm dumb.

So like a true athlete (not at all) I need to keep my skillz in check - so I've been baking whenever I can. Mornings. Late nights. In my dreams.

My MIL brought me some Hershey's kisses from Hawaii that have macadamia nuts in the middle. (Put one in the positive column for the MIL.) While eating a whole bag of those things did not sound appetizing, I thought I could make some great cookies out of them.

I had this grand idea of a subtle chocolate cookie with one of those kisses hidden inside. I checked the Hershey's website and of course, there is something there exactly like that. Except you won't catch me using Hershey's cocoa, no way in hell. I'll eat the chocolate, but the cocoa? Crap. So I used my one true love, Valrhona - instead. It made a world of difference and gave the cookies that subtle not too sweet flavor, with the extra punch of the kiss inside. Just what I was looking for.Hopefully all this pre-baking will pay off and the shower will go off without a hitch. Next up, I'm baking something special for O.G. Hopefully my critique will fare better than poor Michael Phelps. Damn, that old lady's harsher than a Russian judge.

Cocoa Mac Kiss Cookies

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I'm not into the Olympics anymore. Not since '84. Next time I'm over at your place and O.G. is going to be there, I'll bring my scrapbook from the '84 Olympics to share with her!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger The Daily Randi said...

I LOOOOVE The Olympics! I have been watching them every night! (But, I prefer The Winter Olympics. Probably because I am from A Cold Climate.)

xoxo,
TDR

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:32:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

my jaw dropped when I saw those kisses.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home