Wednesday, August 20, 2008

S N double O P.
D O double gizee.

O.G. is still in full force Olympics mode. She watches any and all coverage she can get her hands on. Watch what you say in front of kids. It will be repeated. FOREVER.

O.G.: "Chinese people eat dogs."
The Baby: (horrified) "What."
Jenn: "Why do you have to say these things?"
O.G. "It's true. I saw it on tv. They eat scorpions too."
The Baby: "WHAAAT."
Jenn: "Please. Stop."
O.G.: "They put them on sticks like a lollipop. It's normal there."
The Baby: "Grape Gramma said Chineze peoplez eats dogs!"
Jenn: "Great Grandma is insane."
O.G.: (leaning into the Baby) "I hear dogs taste like hamburgers."
The Baby: "GRAPE GRAMMA SAID..."
Jenn: "I. HEARD. HER."

Of course he's been telling everyone under the sun. THANKS OLD LADY. You think those dogs are bad, have you ever had a Downtown L.A. bacon wrapped hot dog? They're so bad they're ILLEGAL.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger dapotato said...

i miss the downtown LA dogs. gross, i know.

my mom has eaten dog. and she's not chinese. she is great at describing it in detail. good thing the baby hasn't met her.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 8:50:00 AM  
Blogger sko_G knits said...

braahahahahaa. i can TOTALLY hear her saying that they taste like hamburgers....hilarious.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:21:00 AM  
Anonymous alibaba37 said...

Man, O.G. cracks me up! I wish I could see her in action.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:32:00 AM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

this sounds like a convo my gma would have w/ me except she has eaten dog.

Sometimes I catch her eying my two doggies as stew.

I wonder what our gmas would talk about if they ever got together. shudder.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

I heard on the news that dog meat was forbidden to be sold anywhere in Beijing during the games. Scorpions on sticks are perfectly ok, though.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:41:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, eh? My dogs would all be gamey. I'm sure of it.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:27:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

O.G. must have seen that episode of Bizarre Foods with Andre Zimmern where he eats scorpions on a stick.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger camille said...

GRAPE GRAMMA.. how freakin cute.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 11:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home