Wednesday, August 13, 2008

They f*ck you at the drive-thru. They know you're not gonna turn around and go back. So, they don't care. I'm not eating this tuna, ok?

There's a reason the kids and I don't eat fast food. 1) It's gross. 2) It's really gross. 3) Just like Joe Pesci said, they screw you at the drive thru. I went to McDonald's today and they asked me if I wanted girl or boy happy meals and I said with emphasis, BOY. Guess what I got when I opened the bag. Yup. Girl dolls. You try explaining to your two kids who only want Happy Meals not for the horrible food but for the worthless toys, that said worthless toys aren't the ones that they were expecting. God how I hate fast food.

There's only one reason I'd go there and that's because we were visiting O.G. You don't go to her house bearing gifts, you go to her house bearing burgers. She loves hamburgers and would/does eat them everyday. She has been really sick lately, and since she seemed to be on the up and up, we stopped by to bring her dinner.

O.G.: "I feel better."
Jenn
: "You shouldn't be eating burgers, I suspect."

O.G.: "I know. I don't feel well. I might barf."
Jenn
: "Very funny. When was the last time you barfed, like 20 years ago?"

O.G.: "Last night."
Jenn
: "What!?"

O.G.
: "I had this Mexican pot roast, see..."

Jenn: "Oh lord..."
O.G
.: "It was so spicy I couldn't get it down but I kept trying and ate it all."

Jenn: "Disgusting."
O.G.
: "Then I got heartburn and...blllaarrgghhh. ALL. OVER."

Jenn
: "Thanks for the visual."

O.G.
: "I'm going to give the rest to Uncle Joe."

Jenn
: "Great, so he can get food poisoning."

O.G.: "He can handle it."

She is not supposed to leave the house, yet she drove ALL OVER TOWN yesterday looking for, what else, limited edition Olympic Coke cans. Good lord. Her search turned up empty, and she was disappointed so she drowned her sorrows by buying pizza. The hell? No wonder she's barfing up a lung.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Good gawd... what is the world is a Mexican pot roast?? Hope your grandmother is feeling better.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:09:00 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

hi, i've been lurking on your blog for the last few months!! oh how i just LOVE these stories about your OG. she sounds like such an awesome person :)

i sincerely hope she is feeling back to 100% asap!!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:51:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

O.G. Me. In 'n Out. My '84 Olympics scrapbook! It sounds like a grand old time!

Thursday, August 14, 2008 9:22:00 AM  
Blogger The Daily Randi said...

These are The Best Stories.

xoxo,
TDR

Thursday, August 14, 2008 5:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home