Monday, August 18, 2008

Words are meaningless. And forgettable.

My MIL was supposed to come back this week and she didn't. You can't fault the woman for wanting a vacation, but I needed her help this week more than ever to prepare for the shower and now I feel I am at a loss. Then again I found out that she filled my spray bottle with LIQUID SOAP, so maybe it's better she didn't come back. What the?



The fact that Julia Child was a spy makes me love her even more. I wish one of her missions was to kill Sandra Lee, but oh well, we can't win 'em all.



I sketch a lot and I am a Sharpie devotee. However at the Con the Sakura rep came up to me and gave me one of their identi-pens. Holy crap. I'm in love. I want twenty thousand more of them now.



Speaking of the Con, my 'Thanks for the Monkeys' cards SOLD OUT. Wow, people love monkeys. Or cards. Or something. So I'm having an August - with purchase promo. Free stuff is good stuff. (Later this week - more free stuff. Shh. Stay tuned.)



What are you in the mood for? I feel like eating scrambled eggs with bacon and some sourdough toast. Mmm. I think that's exactly what I'll make for dinner...

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Ally said...

Just had two turkey, cheese, and spinach quesadillas. Yum! My "healthy eating" regimen is no longer in existence!

Monday, August 18, 2008 6:35:00 PM  
Blogger celia said...

raw materials might not be able to match blick's prices (we are a small mom, pop & brother-in-law shop, after all), but if you order your twenty thousand identi-pens from us, we can offer you the best customer service ever.

and our store mascot wonton will give you much love.

Monday, August 18, 2008 6:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Hilary said...

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help for the shower!

Monday, August 18, 2008 8:08:00 PM  
Blogger starry said...

MMM now I want eggs and bacon and sour dough bread. Too bad the sour dough bread here is icky...

I'm having Jacket 'tatoes with cheese and tuna mayonaise with sweetcorn yummy!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Alexis said...

Julia Child might be the coolest woman ever.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:49:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Eggs and sourdough toast! Heaven. Especially if you add potatoes. Mmmmm

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:53:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Nice pimpin' Celia. I went by today. Fantastic location, I can't wait until it opens.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 7:07:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Don't worry, Sandra Lee will drink herself to death soon enough.


Ooh and ahh at those pens. I want one!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:42:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Don't worry, Sandra Lee will drink herself to death soon enough.


Ooh and ahh at those pens. I want one!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:43:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Wow! Julia Child is way cooler than I thought! I love that pen, and who doesn't love monkeys?! (my shop is full of them) And yes, now I AM in the mood for scrambled eggs with bacon and toast....even though it's way to late to eat now.

I like your blog! I'll be back to read more!

Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home