Sunday, September 07, 2008

Anything dirty or dingy or dusty
Anything ragged or rotten or rusty

I quickly sketched this in crayon - I call it 'Baby the Grouch.' The Baby has been a cranky mofo lately. He is going through the 'terrible twos'. If you ask me it's more like 'Jenn wants to drive away and never come back TWOS.'

There are tantrums. Screaming. Throwing things. Pooping for no reason. General crankiness. That last one (not the pooping) applies to me cause I AM OVER IT. I do not negotiate with terrorists, so the Baby is usually on time out about 4 times a day.

The Kid, who copies whatever I draw, took it upon himself to grab my shopping list (as you can see I was going to make pulled pork sandwiches for dinner) and drew some Grouches of his own...Ever since the DOMO cupcakes (which made Craft, by the way, yay!) The Kid has been coming to me with all kinds of ideas that we (*I*) can make in cupcake form. So you know what comes next...Yup. Oscar cupcakes. The tongue is a lollipop without the stick. They could have come out better, but I did them quick on a whim. I plan to toss them towards the Baby to appease his anger. Good lord. Someone call me when he's three.

Oscar the Grouch cupcakes how-to, here.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

Those are all kinds of awesome. You're a creative genius!

Sunday, September 07, 2008 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Carol Browne said...

Those turned out great. Also, "I love trash!" Yay for the Oscar cupcakes. I love them.

Sunday, September 07, 2008 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds like you're talking about my niece who is 3. The slightest things set her off. And I try to have these heartfelt talks with her on how important it is to behave (santa) and she says to me, "I want to behave, but..." Good luck. And great cupcakes by the way!

Sunday, September 07, 2008 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

Can we drive off together??? Mine are CONSTANTLY CRYING even when all they are asking for is milk???!!!! I feel it comin...the grey hairs :( and I pride myself on not having any!

Sunday, September 07, 2008 1:18:00 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

Hey, I'm grouchy today. Wanna toss some cupcakes my way??? ;)

Sunday, September 07, 2008 2:00:00 PM  
Blogger a n n e said...

Jenn you are so creative! Now do Grover!

Monday, September 08, 2008 6:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Lorraine E said...

That Oscar the grouch is so cute!

Monday, September 08, 2008 6:30:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

"pooping for now reason" is the best complaint I've ever heard!

Monday, September 08, 2008 8:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home