Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bittersweet, you're gonna be the death of me, I don't want you, but I need you

While most of the internet are full of jerks/haters (seems likd 90% sometimes, if you ask me) there are a few decent normal people out there. Those people that you bond with over the years, with the same interests, same sense of humor. It's something wonderful that makes the internet less...annoying. And to those internet friends, I often pop little gifts in the mail just to remind them how much I appreciate them.

Sometimes it's baby gifts or cards. And sometimes it's cookies! Because who doesn't like getting mail for, well - no reason at all! It's nice to see that all that stuff is appreciated.

The same goes for people I see everyday. Recently a girl at work told me that this one particular cake that I bake, makes her really happy. That, in turn, made me happy. I like people to know that I am thinking about them and appreciate their friendship.

So here's the cake that she loves so much. It was originally a Williams Sonoma recipe for lime cake. I changed it to a lemon cake, simply because I thought that if anyone wanted to make it, they'd have easier access to lemons and/or lemon juice.

Nothing like a giant rose - made of cake - to tell someone how much you like them. Just don't make it for haters. They can shove it.

Lemon Bundt Cake recipe

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger adriana said...

Yum! I love lemon bundt cake too. (And, I also like that song! Not a huge Kanye fan but how could I resist John Mayer?)

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 7:55:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

As a fortunate previous recipient of said lemon bundt cake, I can attest to its awesomeness. Mmm...

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:00:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I LOVE lemon bundt cake too!

QUESTION: I have one of those fancy bundt pans from w-s, not the rose, but some other one, and I cannot for the life of me, get a cake out of it, so I don't use it. Any tips other than PAM or butter and flouring?

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

OMG.
DO NOT USE PAM or FLOUR. I REPEAT, DO NOT USE PAM or FLOUR. Melted butter applied with a pastry brush will do the trick. Honest.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger La Pixie said...

I love your recipes, Jenn. I will have to try this one.

frick the haters.

I love your blog and I gave you some bloggie love here http://chroll.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 1:59:00 PM  
Anonymous kagemom69 said...

I admit - I look forward to reading your blog daily - it's yet to disappoint (my kids even check it out, especially since the fake puke in Starbucks post) so thank you for your humor. I also happen to be friends with one of your longtime blogger friends and I know that your random acts of kindness have not been lost on her either. So those who can't say something nice - you suck

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:31:00 PM  
Blogger My Sweet & Saucy said...

Don't you love bundt cakes! This looks simply gorgeous!

Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home