Thursday, September 11, 2008

Coast to coast, LA to Chicago, western male.
Across the north and south, to Key Largo, love for sale.

Baking is a stress reliever and man, am I stressed. Even though I bake almost daily, my kids...they don't really eat it. I know, I am a bad mommy, they are allowed one of everything I make, if they want it that is. Sometimes they don't. Usually, I just give it all away...ALL OF IT. I said it before, I need to open some sort of mail order sweets thing. 'I'm stressed, email me if you want pie and I'll send it your way.'

Despite all the baking around here I do my best to make sure the kids eat healthy. Since we go to various farmer's markets every week, I have been coming home with tons fruit since summer fruits are at the end of their season. I don't like making the same thing over and over, so I always try to think up new ways to present food to them.
I made 'breakfast for dinner' the other night. My mom often did that for us and frankly, I love breakfast foods. I made blueberry waffles, polska kielbasa, and fresh peach smoothies. Peaches are on their way out, but before they go, I have made them every way imaginable. Also you can cut them up and freeze them, so that you can dream of peaches for months afterward.
People think I'm nuts rushing home to cook a different meal every night for the kids (I hate leftovers. Bacteria-phobe, me.) but it's important to me. Course do as I say not as I do - when I bought them organic cheese puffs at Whole Foods the other day the cashier said, "Psst. I like Cheetos better." I said, "So do I but I'm forcing my kids to eat these." She said, "I DO THAT TOO!". Ha. When they are old enough to buy their own damn cheetos then they can eat that for dinner.

Fresh Peach smoothie recipe
.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger CSG said...

do you ship to Spain? ;)

Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:25:00 AM  
Blogger a n n e said...

How can I say this in a way that doesn't seem inappropriate... Jenn, be MY mommy! You're such a good mom!

I love "blinner" by the way. Breakfast is definitely my favorite meal.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Sara said...

Here's an idea for all the fresh fruit on its way out...

Fruit Spring Rolls

Just die your fruit, whatever kind you want, and roll up in rice paper. Serve it with yogurt for dipping, and yum yum yum. Sometimes I put fresh mint sprigs in mine along with the fruit. Delish!

Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Sara said...

Um, D-I-C-E. Oops.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:57:00 AM  
Blogger flurogoddess said...

Yeah, put me on that "cake shipping list" too!

Friday, September 12, 2008 1:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Kuism said...

I have a hello kitty frying pan and a teddy bear frying pan that I got when I lived in Japan. I wish I had a mickey mouse waffler! I want one. :(

*sigh*

Sunday, September 21, 2008 5:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Laser Hair Removal Chicago said...

Oh My! Another one of these jaw dropping stomach hunger craving pages! Whether it's the pics or the wording that was put together oh so well just to explain the juicyness of the food, It Sounded Gooood To Me :) and with that in mind I think we should all have a moment of silence and really think when we can take a trip down the best place to eat in your town or at a vacation getaway!
Well, let me know what you guys think because I am surely ready to enjoy a national tour of foods:)! Thanks for the info!

Thursday, April 02, 2009 6:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Ambrose said...

I suppose every person must read it.
STEAK ORIENTAL

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 6:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home