Tuesday, September 30, 2008

For my own life I don’t care anything, I want to see this boy happy. Why is this such a bad thing?

The other day we went to a kids birthday party and when they cut the cake the Kid yelled, "OH...NOOOO!" Embarrassing to say the least. Turns out what he saw was chocolate, and we all know the Kid is allergic to chocolate. He was sad. It was easier when he was younger, but now he wants to fit in with his friends. His chocolate allergy isn't bad where it'd cause death, but it would cause insanely uncomfortable 'itchies' (excema) that would last all night, basically burning him from the inside out. Horrible.

Wanna see the saddest damn picture you'll ever see? Poor bastard had to eat carrots and grapes while the other kids wolfed down the chocolate cake. How EMO is that?So imagine my thrill the other day, when I went to get a coffee at Le Pain Quotidien and I saw these:It's like Nutella...without the nuts! AND, just in that day from France? White chocolate spread! Like the Kid's dream come true! I was so excited, I brought them home, white chocolate for the Kid, Dark Chocolate for the Baby...but now I don't know what to do with them.

I'm thinking up all kinds of things to bake with it, but in the meantime I just put it between the mini nilla wafers (aka baby heads) and made the kids sandwich cookies. I was thrilled that the Kid had a treat of his own. It's like heaven! With this mixture we could take over the world!!! Well, not really. But at least he'll have more options.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger jami said...

When I lived in Israel a million years ago, they had a chocolate spread with no nuts (yum) and we used to dip orange sections in it or eat it on bread. Not very inventive, and yet SO delicious!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 8:27:00 AM  
Anonymous alibaba37 said...

That is the saddest damn picture! You are an awesome mom and I can't wait to see what you create with these! Alison

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:37:00 AM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

Oh..so sad. I would have felt soooo bad. Guess you're going to have to carry the Blondie with you every time you go to a birthday party!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 1:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Heather said...

I know how the kid feels. My son can't eat a lot of things, too. Being 4 1/2 and not being able to eat what everyone else is eating is not fair! I try to make things for him that are treats, but, at parties sometimes just like your son he will end up eating the fruits, instead of the cake. Who wants to eat fruits when there's chocolate cake? If he does eat it, his eczema will get worse, just like yours. I feel for them.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 3:42:00 PM  
Blogger flurogoddess said...

Awwwww poor kid.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 1:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home