Monday, September 15, 2008

Hard lovin' and straight thuggin'

Hilary was asking me about crispy rice, cause you know, cause she's asian like that. I was telling her that it's actually Japanese street food - rice balls that are basted with soy sauce, and then grilled on the street. Sometimes Japanese markets even sell them here in L.A. in the summer time.
So I made some for the kids, because it's so simple and quick to make. You just need rice. And soy sauce. The end.

Since we are talking about the streets (I know we're not) O.G.'s cries of 'gunshot!' the other day - inspired me to make these pins.If you're down like that, but you don't want to commit to a tattoo - now you can just get this pin instead. You know, to show how hardcore you are. We believe you.

Street Crispy Rice Ball (aka: yaki onigiri) recipe
'Thug Life' pins

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Hilary said...

Oh you are awesome! And I have a grill pan now so I can totally make these. Thanks!

p.s. Us Jews love us some Asian food.

Monday, September 15, 2008 8:30:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

'specially on Christmas, of course!

Monday, September 15, 2008 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I especially love that the Baby is throwing gang signs next to the pin. ;)

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 11:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Babs said...

ha! I hollered!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Kuism said...

I make onigiri almost daily now. My husband LOVES them. My source of inspiration is our Japanese market, Kotobukiya. It's just a small place but I can also get shabu shabu beef. ^_^

Sunday, September 21, 2008 5:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home