Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I want a girl with a short skirt, and a long, long jacket

Ok, I know it's not fall, but I am OVER September. I mean it's still hot, I'm annoyed, let's just move on already. I'm just going to pretend it's fall. The farmer's markets are filled with tiny apples right now, and I do love the tiny. Plus you know my kids love them some apples. While they are little fruit bats - they hate apple skin. Hate it to the...core. DHAHAH

Anyway, when they eat sliced apples they eat all around the skin, leaving the 'apple jackets' as they call them. Hm. I never thought of the outside of the apple as wearing it's own little parka, who knew. In order to trick them into eating the 'apple jacket' - er, skin - I started thinking about last year when I made caramel apples for the kid's school. Huh. I'm all about the sticks lately. Anyway, while my caramel apples came out fine, some people emailed me to say that the caramel pooled down. Hm. Not sure what that's about.In any case I have a solution as well as a new tasty alternative. Butterscotch apples. I just melted butterscotch chips and dipped the apples in it. Quick. Easy. And no drip. They came out way cute, and I think they'd be good for parties.

Sadly, the kids caught on and did their best not to eat the apple jackets, gnawing on the butterscotch and leaving a sad, sad little rat bitten apple. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Butterscotch apples recipe
, here.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

I had caramel pooling issues last year. Maybe I'll try the butterscotch alternative the next time.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:40:00 PM  
Blogger ButterflyChica said...

cool beans! or more like cool apples. i'll have to make these.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 6:33:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

my fingernails shine like justice.

Monday, September 22, 2008 3:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home