Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I wear black on the outside, cause black is how I feel on the inside

I took the kids to the craft store with me - note to self: Do not do that again. Two boys in a craft store = complete boredom. The store was adjacent to the mall where we saw...a giant SANTA set up. What. I ran the other direction only to be struck down by aisles of Halloween crap. Granted I am preparing for the holidays myself, but it doesn't mean I am ready to see Santa yet. Hello, it's still September - barely! So I embraced the closer of the two holidays and bought a bag of Halloween M&Ms.

The seasonal colors kill me, I love it! But I wasn't planning to just sit there and eat the whole bag, nooo. I wanted to do something to showcase the purty colors. So I made my regular M&M cookie recipe but changed it to a cocoa cookie. It made a nice dark background for the bright colors.Alone, it was a good cookie. But I decided to kick it up a notch, more is more, if you will - and used them to make ice cream sandwiches. I lathered a scoop of the richest Haagen Daaz vanilla and...Voila! If I actually made these come Halloween time, I think I'd use two well placed icky green m&ms as eyes. Then this thing would really look like a monster. A YUMMY monster. Mmm. Is it scary cause it's dark and ominous or because it's so fattening...mwahahaha. Spooktacular.

Cocoa M & M cookie recipe, here.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I'm stunned at the pace of which the holidays are approaching! Before you know it, I'll be getting my flu shot.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Mogul said...

WOW They look sooo good! I gotta get baking again one day!

Tuesday, September 09, 2008 7:50:00 PM  
Blogger flurogoddess said...

Mwahahahahaha!

They look fabbu! I want the cookies!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 2:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home