Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's a cruel, cruel summer, leaving me here on my own

I hate seeing people upset. I just want to help them. Send them presents, give 'em a hug, send them a 'what up dawg' email, cause I'm Randy Jackson like that.

September has been the cruelest of months. Things have been tough around here. It seems like it's been that way for everyone. I know for me, I ended up having emergency surgery - let me tell you 24 hours notice is not enough time to mentally prepare. Believe it or not - worse than surgery? My job totally blows.

It's not unusual to find people crying in the back room of the office, DAILY, it's just a complete nightmare. I choose to deal with this stress as I always do. Bake. A LOT.
So I made a BUFFET o' DESSERTS and took them into the office. Yes, all in one night. 24 Mini chocolate cupcakes with cinnamon frosting. 30 Mexican Wedding cookies. A lemon bundt cake.
It was my way of saying, "F* you September" let's just move on to fall, already. I know I felt better after I made it all. I think they felt good covering up their problems and insecurities with food. It was a win win situation all around. sigh. When's November?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Jenifer said...

The desserts look delicious. I am sorry that you had to go through all the crap you did in the last month.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 4:15:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I agree! Aside from my bday, whatta crappy month.

Sorry about the surgery. Hope it's better now...?

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 8:20:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

I think that's such a sweet gesture. It's a "let them eat cake" kind of thing but in a NICE way. ;-)

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 8:34:00 AM  
Anonymous alibaba37 said...

Sorry to hear September was horrid for you, but what a wonderful co-worker you are. I am sure all of those treats were much appreciated! Next time things are rough on my end I'll be contacting you for the goods! Hope the rest of the year is as sweet as your treats. Love the new banner too.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 9:58:00 AM  
Blogger LaurenSmash said...

you are awesome. I love October, and fall. Thanks for being so inspirational, and for making it clear that super cool people have tough days too.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 7:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Steph said...

Quit!!!! Your job sounds awful, and it must be if it constantly stresses you out like this. I know the economy blows, but are you looking around for something else? I can't imagine staying at a job like that.

Thursday, October 02, 2008 9:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home