Thursday, September 18, 2008

Jack: Big night, Lemon? Let me guess, meatball sub, extra bread, bottle of NyQuil, Tivo Top Chef, a little Miss Bonnie Raitt, lights out.

For some reason, come Thursdays I have nothing but a mish mash of thoughts. Apologies all around.



Well, with a virtually clean summer record, I ended up in the ER again. Without going into detail I will tell you that the person to my right had a vomit bucket. As did the person to my left. Meanwhile I had massive blood loss. Yet we all still had to wait 5 hours. What exactly had to be wrong with you in order to be seen??




Just in time for the holidays, the Plex jack-o-lantern that I made last year was feature on a Yo Gabba Gabba fan site.




SAY WHAT. Giant post its?? Too awesome.



After I posted my butterscotch apples yesterday, a reader emailed me this, even TINIER apples!! An awesome idea but the skinless wet apple chunks seem like a nightmare. I'll have to figure out something similar tho, it's too cute!!



This video about the design of Sprinkles Cupcakes branding is really interesting. See, everyone should have an architect/designer in their life!




A bubble wrap calendar?? VHAT. I love the idea of this. So simple and fun, but expensive.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

Massive blood loss?! You are clearly ok enough to type but what happened? I hope you are better!

I want giant post its.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:59:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You make me worry so much :( I hope you're okay.

I love Mish Mash!!! So many great things, especially the giant post-its.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:30:00 AM  
Anonymous alibaba37 said...

You are amazing, massive blood loss, and still posting! How do you do it? I truly hope you are okay.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 9:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Annika said...

I haven't tried this myself, but I have heard that complaining of shortness of breath gets you to the front of the ER line.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

If you are a 40-year old guy thinking you are having a heart attack, you go right in as the rest of the waiting room glares at you. I know this from experience w/E.

Don't apologize about your type of posts. I just can't click all the links, but I get the gist. At least you post. My blog is close to vanishing methinks.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Keely said...

The only times I've ever gotten seen immediately in the ER is when pregnant. When we found out I was pregnant again I was excited to remember this. They don't however rush an infant with a 105 fever to the back. Jerks. I hope you're feeling better - quit getting hurt/being sick! :)

Thursday, September 18, 2008 4:33:00 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Believe it or not, I've seen even bigger post-its. I was wandering drunkenly around a hotel when I came upon a conference room with open doors. Inside was a GIANT pad of post-its. I mean, these things were easily twice the size of the ones linked to in this post. I stole several sheets of it, crashed a wedding with a friend, wrote ridiculous things on said post-its, hung them on the wall and left.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:38:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

for the er- say that you're also having heart pains... that'll get you in right away in most hospitals. :P

Friday, September 19, 2008 6:43:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

we're podunk, they usually get you in there and then you wait.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home