Tuesday, September 16, 2008

See, they're McDonald's... I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick.

So I haven't been eating much. I still cook every night for the kids, but I'm just not feelin' it. The other night I wanted iced coffee REALLY badly. It was the only thing I had an actual desire for, and the only thing I'd be eating (er, drinking) all day, so I broke my number one 'no fast food' rule and took the kids to McDonald's. I thought there'd be happiness all around because they'd get Star Wars toys, happy meals, you name it. What could go wrong? You guessed it. LORD DO I HATE FAST FOOD.

Of course there were no Star Wars toys. I guess I went to a ghetto McD's because they only had old animal toys, from like three years ago. Then, per the kid's requests they got apples instead of fries, milk and chicken nuggets. Guess what. They ate the apples and milk. That's it. What the f*? I just went through a drive through for apples, milk and old ass toys? LAME.

What a CRAPPY meal. They should make happy meals for adults. REALLY happy meals. Mine would have fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, root beer, and my prize would be a very expensive designer purse. Happiest. Meal. Ever.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Lorraine E said...

LOL your adult happy meal would actually get me back to McDonalds! I think you should definitely pitch it to them ;)

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:03:00 AM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

I would definitely eat at that restaurant.

I love happy meals especially when it's a good toy. Those effers sometimes try to stiff me of my toy just b/c i'm an adult. Dammit, gimme my toy. (If it's a boy's toy, i usually give it to my CW's kid)

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I can possibly get SW toys at the McDonalds we have at work. Let me know. I'll check to see if they are still doing those...they were last week. I bought an ewok.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

I totally agree with Lorraine...but screw McD's, I say start your own place and offer up these delectable designer purse happy meals all year long! ha!

Friday, September 19, 2008 9:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ON THE LOOSE AT MCDONALDS

Recently I made a valid complaint to McDonalds customer services dept. about McDonalds poor standards at thier Harben Parade branch at Swiss Cottage, London NW3. The complaint concerned slow service, abrasive attitudes, and matters about unacceptable hygeine standards.

The complaint was passed on to the store by customer services, following which the store's manager, Bakry, promptly banned me from the store. He did not deny that my complaint was valid, but was told that I was banned simply becauseI I had made the complaint in the first place. Their management team consists entirely of immigrants, having come here on dodgy visas and the like, and all of which in favour of my ban, which shows how much we are now under the control of illegal immigrants.

Perhaps this is consistent with McDonalds training practices. It would appear that you have to accept their adverse practices without question or suffer the consequences, as I myself did

Sunday, September 28, 2008 5:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home