Sunday, September 14, 2008

Shake it like a polaroid picture

Things around here have been tough, especially at work. I lost my voice for two weeks...due to stress. My doctor's prescription? "Quit your job." Yeah, I don't think a pharmacy can fill that one.

Instead on the weekends I've just tried to relax and not think about my horrible job. Hard to do, let me tell you. This weekend we went to the new Counter in Marina del Rey. I even got O.G. to go out there too, lately - things haven't been so good with her either. So we all got out of the house to get our minds off things. And really, all it takes is a hamburger, for her.

I have always loved the Counter SaMo location, but it was small. This one's not much bigger, but at the least the parking is way easier in the Marina. The wait staff here was SO great to the kids it really made the whole experience that much better.

Fries? Fabulous. Shakes? Even better. Right now the shake of the month: Chocolate Brownie Coffee Malt. Oh. My. God. This was so tasty I am considering just going back for this for the entire month of September. Their shakes are always good, but this was fantastic.As per the usual, you pick your own topping and build your own burger. We didn't get anything too crazy, although the Kid wanted hard boiled eggs on his. The best part of the night was when someone dropped a plate and O.G. yelled "GUNSHOT!" What the hell. Maybe she thought we were in the 'hood.

I ended up giving O.G. my burger meat and she gave me her toppings. I guess I should have just ordered a salad. Lord does that woman love meat. This is how you live to be 87 years old, people. MEAT. Obviously, since I just eat veggies I will die tomorrow, which frankly will be a welcome change from having to go into the office.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Tried to comment on this from the phone. Damn phone. Someday I'll have something better. Anyway, yay for The Counter. We are getting one closer to us, in Studio City I think, which I'm excited about. I've still never tried their shakes. I'm always too full from the deep fried dill pickles. ;-)

Sunday, September 14, 2008 11:50:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

Malted milk shake?!!! I'm there! Even better than the milk shake you bought me the last time? MMmmmmm...

Monday, September 15, 2008 9:32:00 AM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

I agree with your dr...QUIT! Although I don't know what the circumstance is...no job is worth that amt of stress...well, unless you're getting paid LOTS of money. In that case, suck it up :)

Monday, September 15, 2008 2:37:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I need to get to that new location soon...or at least before I go into labor.

Monday, September 15, 2008 3:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home