Friday, September 26, 2008

Yeah! I should run for mayor...Mayor Goldie Wilson. I like the sound of that!

While it seems that I go out a lot, actually I just JAM PACK my weekends and then blog about it for weeks on end. I'm sad to say this is NOT one of those weekends. It's too bad, because I had big big plans.

It's the Grand Avenue Festival on Sunday and I encourage everyone to go. I know I keep saying how wonderful downtown is, but I really mean it. Especially Grand Avenue, and not just because I've worked on a few projects on that street. It's one of the really 'grand streets' downtown. Rich in culture and memorable architecture. From the Gas Company and Library Tower at the South end, moving up to the Wells Fargo Center, Cal Plaza, MoCA, the Colburn School, Walt Disney concert hall, the music center, then finally ending up at the Cathedral.
It's a magnificent walk, and during the festival, the street is closed off. It's a rare way to experience this wonderful street. There is food from so many great downtown restaurants that you might not get a chance to visit otherwise. Tickets to the orchestra are free, visits to MoCA are free, there are tons of things for the kids to play with and learn. It's just fantastic.

Check out this clickable map which shows all the art and buildings of downtown. Last year the kids had so much fun at the festival, I'm really sorry we'll be missing it. And there ends my PR for the city that I love. If you live here, go out, experience it. There is so much to do, wherever you live - go out and take advantage of it!! What am I, running for Mayor or something?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

2 posts in one day? You are AMAZING! I love downtown too. I'll be in Echo Park on Sunday though.

Saturday, September 27, 2008 3:18:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Back to the Future quote!

Saturday, September 27, 2008 10:17:00 AM  
Blogger The Daily Randi said...

Why do they have this The Same Day as The Abbot Kinney Festival???f I can't be in Two Places at The Same Time.

xoxo,
TDR

Saturday, September 27, 2008 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

ugh so want to go. the one day i'm not downtown...

Saturday, September 27, 2008 5:10:00 PM  
Anonymous :: jozjozjoz.com :: said...

Nice BTF reference!

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 10:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home