Friday, September 19, 2008

You were the sweetest thing that I ever knew
but I don't care for sugar honey if I can't have you

Where can I easily kill a few hours? Surfas of course. I had some time, so I wandered the store. It's September you see, and I need to grab all I can before the birthdays/holidays approach.

I steathily took this picture (I don't believe pictures are allowed there) but for all of you - who have never experienced - the most magical place on earth - I give you...the wall of sprinkles.
Makes you want to cry, doesn't it? I love this place. I could live here. Amongst the sprinkles. Next to the wall of ladles. Between the row of baking boxes. If you ever are in Los Angeles and want to go there, I will take you and be your tour guide. I don't care if I just went yesterday, I am willing to go back.

In any case, everything I bought was of absolute importance. Those straws with pinwheels? Totally a necessity, of course. Don't start with the cocktail monkeys. I have plans, yo.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Every time you post about this place I think 'Oh yeah! I've been meaning to go..." Maybe this time I actually will. Looks amazing.

I feel like I remember having a pinwheel straw. Sweet.

Friday, September 19, 2008 8:21:00 AM  
Blogger bubbie said...

I lived in West LA for years and have never heard of this place. Now I live in San Diego. I need to find a place like this down here. I've been to Surfas once since I read about it on your blog. I wanted to buy everything when I was there. I'll definately be going there again.

Friday, September 19, 2008 9:53:00 AM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

Why must I live so far from everything?! What fun! Need to start buying things for my sis shower...will I ever get a free moment? Maybe I'll take my kids with...what am I crazy?!

Friday, September 19, 2008 1:36:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I feel like I missed out on it when I was in Culver City a month ago. The guy on the phone gave me crappy directions. Two blocks south of downtown??? Downtown Culver?? Where's that?? Wha???

Friday, September 19, 2008 2:52:00 PM  
Blogger adriana said...

Ahh I love this place! My friend got me the best zester from here. Love it.

Friday, September 19, 2008 2:53:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

psst. Darlene. It's two blocks away from where you had breakfast that one morning...

Friday, September 19, 2008 5:36:00 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

My poor unsuspecting husband dooes not realize that on our next trip to CA, he will be taking me to Surfas!

Friday, September 19, 2008 9:02:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Whatever. I'd only go if it was in The Valley. Or Hollywood. Kidding of course. I probably won't go since I don't cook!

Saturday, September 20, 2008 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger xtena said...

i need to find a surfas in SF

Monday, September 22, 2008 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

fainted at the wall of Sprinkles.

I need to visit this store ASAP even though I don't have anything really to buy. But I'm sure I'll find something. Dapotato has been mentioning this place for ages. Will you please be my tour guide?

Monday, September 22, 2008 12:20:00 PM  
Anonymous lillian y. said...

i heart surfas! it is such an awesome store, likewise i can spend hours there. i go there for all my baking needs. they have everything!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 11:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home