Friday, October 31, 2008

Are you crying? Allergies? Did Darryl touch you?

Why do I feel like...this show is slowly killing me? I still love to watch it every week, but afterwards I just feel a sense of EH. Maybe it's all the doom and gloom. I had high hopes for Michael and Holly. That's gone obviously. Pam is killing that relationship. So really, I feel like something's missing, story-wise. It just made me sad. wah wah wah.

HOWEVER. There are moments of pure joy, that being Creed as the Joker. That guy should get an Emmy. Ha. Speaking of Emmys, this particular episode was directed by a friend of Jodi's, the same friend who was kind enough to give us a tour of the set, lo those many years ago. He did a great job.

The episode itself, was great, mostly due to Ed Helms aka Andy. That guy is the best. It makes me wish he was in the Office spin off - especially since Aziz Ansari is the star, and man does that guy crack me up. Andy's insane allegiance to his alma mater? Yeah, that's not so funny. Cause...I'm like that. D'oh.

I don't know why this show is getting me down. But maybe I need to give it a goodbye hug like Holly gave Michael. Man that was sad.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

It's making me sad too. Why can't a relationship work out on that show? Andy and Angela don't count. Andy's "kitten" costume was creepy. Ha.

My favorite line is the one you used in your header.

Did Daryl touch you?

Friday, October 31, 2008 7:34:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Andy is the best! He's just the right amount of crazy.

But seriously, what is up with this season? It's like they make Jim and Pam weird throughout each episode, but then it never goes anywhere. Just to torture us? I don't get it.

Friday, October 31, 2008 8:18:00 AM  
Blogger e said...

Pam and Jim are killing me, she needs to get back in the office and get back their old chemistry. Totally dragging the show down.

Holly and Michael were a total bright spot! So sad.

I'm w you on the "meh" feeling after each one. That show is only surviving on viewer loyalty atm.

Friday, October 31, 2008 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I loved Daryl's phone call, "PLEASE call me back!"

I still love the show, although 30 Rock seems to be getting higher on the list of my fav. shows.

Friday, October 31, 2008 2:15:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I loved the episode, and not just because Dave directed it...I swear! I sort of feel like the writers who have expressed their dislike for the popularity of "JAM" (ew) and how upset fans get when they don't focus on them more. Give me Dwight, give me Kevin and the others and I'm happy. Jim and Pam are cute, but it's just enough. So, Holly left and yeah that's sad, but it means TOBY can come back and he may just be my 2nd favorite character, after Dwight.

Kelly as Carrie Bradshaw (sp?)...awesome!!!

And 30 Rock? It was funny, but I expected more from the season premiere. Maybe it was built up too much or maybe I was too tired.

Friday, October 31, 2008 4:38:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

P.S. The main problem I see w/Jim and Pam this season...and maybe some with the drive to NH last night...is that it's outside of "the office." Some is okay, but I think it's been too much. IMHO.

Friday, October 31, 2008 4:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home