Monday, October 20, 2008

Baby's hungry and the money's all gone

As a kid I remember going to Taco Bell. Shocking yes, because just driving by one nowadays makes my stomach turn, frankly. And their new super hot I will burn your colon lining Volcano Taco seems like it was invented to punish humans.

But in the 80s, we ate there - and my brother LOVED their 'dessert' called Cinnamon Crispanas. Way to go bastardizing the Spanish language for the sake of sweets. Anyway, those things were fried to hell, and covered in cinnamon and sugar. Delish of course.

I wanted to get the same effect, without the disgusting-ness. And of course I wanted to involve the kids. Having them participate in cooking not only keeps them busy, but lets them feel like they are 'helping'.

The only difference is, I baked them. WAAAAYY healthier than deep frying. The kids were happy with their sweet little crisps, and I gotta say, it gave those 1980s crispanas a run for their money. Next up, the kids and I attempt the Volcano Taco....HELL. NO.Sweet Cinnamon Crisps recipe

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger suburban housefrau said...

Your tortillas sure look different than the ones we get here!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:51:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

are those homemade?

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Those look great! I have to try them.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 5:32:00 PM  
Blogger Through My Lens said...

Good idea. As soon as the Bear gets big enough, I'll have to do the same!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home