Thursday, October 23, 2008

Captain Kirk: I've already got a female to worry about. Her name is the Enterprise.

What do you bring when you visit the parents of a newborn? The only logical thing would be something from...William Shatner.

I had seen the post on cookiemadness for William Shatner's cappuccino chip muffins and I couldn't believe it, but yes, the recipe was his. It turns out this is the PERFECT recipe for new parents.

I know from experience, late night feedings not only applied to the baby, but I'd often get hungry as well. These muffins would be easy to grab and go...do your business. Being up that late meant that I was also tired. The cappuccino in this sucker should at least help a new mom keep her eyes open for a 2am feeding.

As far as the Shatner part, well, I remember being up in the early morn and there wasn't much on tv but classic Trek and that was fine with me. So, see? It's one big circle of life, these muffins.

Coffee. Shatner. Breasts. I think I just upped my google rankings.

William Shatner's Cappuccino Chip Muffin recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Bully said...

And if you frosted them with a fine tip, they'd be tribblemuffins!

Mmm, Shatnery!

Thursday, October 23, 2008 6:38:00 AM  
Blogger suburban housefrau said...

I always thought that breakfast is the meal most overlooked when food is being brought to new parents. I got lots of casseroles but where was the coffee and breakfast love?!?

Thursday, October 23, 2008 7:23:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

As the recipient of said muffins, I can say that they INDEED were perfect for a 2 a.m. hunger pain while up with my newborn. :)

Thursday, October 23, 2008 10:25:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

well it is a big shatner news day. too bad you're not gay.

Thursday, October 23, 2008 1:43:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

wow- those look awesome... must try them...

Friday, October 24, 2008 9:45:00 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

when i first saw the photo i thought they were just chocolate chip cookies. but muffins...even better!!

Friday, October 24, 2008 8:38:00 PM  
Blogger CSG said...

I made them a couple of days ago and they came out perfect! my coworkers loved them too. Thanks for another great idea :D

Saturday, October 25, 2008 1:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home