Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Elaine: A bird ran into my giant freak-head...the one that sits atop my disproportionately puny body. I'm a walking candy apple!

I haven't bought a pumpkin yet. I know. For shame. I have no inspiration, but after watching Food Network Challenge Outrageous Pumpkins, I felt like I should make a career change just so I can add 'professional pumpkin carver' to my business cards. I think that'd be awesome at jobsite meetings.

I feel like I need to do SOMETHING to get into the fall mood. Well, the fact that it's 95 degrees out here, has made it really hard. So Jen at the fabulous Indie Fixx asked me for a Fall, Autumn-y recipe. Anything I wanted but something that felt like the season. When I think of Fall I think of comfort and sweetness.

I immediately thought of caramel apples and how I could turn that, well, into a cupcake of course! I had seen this somewhere else, but whenever I look at recipes I know what is or is not going to work for my palate and also I want to make the recipe as easy to follow as possible.

It came out pretty well, I gave them all away and everyone had rave reviews, so that's a good sign. The stick, which is completely useless of course, is what gives it the cute factor overload. I think I pretty much hit Fall, right on the mark. Now if the weather would get below 90 degrees we could get this party started.
Guest blog on Indie Fixx
Caramel Apple Cupcakes, recipe

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Daily Randi said...

Did you know I Went To High School with The Winner of that Food Network Show?

xoxo,
TDR

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 9:17:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Congrats on the guest blogging! I have to say that while those cupcakes are sort of cute, they are a very strange color!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home