Thursday, October 09, 2008

I'm handsome either way. You know you like it that I'm singing to you.

Tonight some dude came to my door with - I kid you not - a chocolate cake in one hand, and pink roses in another. 'Sorry, wrong house.' Is this like the worst joke ever? I wanted cake, dammit.

This heat is killing me. That fall weather that I fell in love with last week? Lasted one freakin' day. Sad. O.G. keeps telling me, 'Old people die in this kind of heat you know." She is a liar who lies because everytime I go to her house, there she is. Alive.
(disclaimer: That's a joke. If you don't get my sense of humor and think that I want old people die, then why are you reading this blog? Wait. Why am I putting a disclaimer? Screw you humorless bastards.)

I have SO many things planned for the kids this weekend, but this heat could ruin all of it. Who wants to be outside with cranky children? Not me. I hope the heat dies down, otherwise I will have to stay home and go on a baking marathon. Which sounds something like a killing spree, only sweeter.

This has nothing to do with the horrible heat, or with baking, or with some a-hole denying me cake, but it is AWESOME. A-ha is one of my favorite bands, I'm not afraid to admit. I can listen to Hunting High and Low backwards and forwards all day long. So when I started watching this video - 'Take on me -LITERAL version.' I died laughing. Wait for the subtitles to kick in. Man, this was one random post.



via danielhonigman.com

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Ryan said...

Don't worry! The weather is supposed to be high 60s, low 70s this weekend! YAHOO!!

Thursday, October 09, 2008 1:16:00 AM  
Blogger bethany actually said...

I hear ya about the heat. Go away, summer!

That video was possibly the funniest thing I've seen in weeks. Baa-aannd mon-taaaaage! Thanks for sharing it.

Thursday, October 09, 2008 1:19:00 AM  
Blogger desdemona said...

oh. my. god! that was the best.

Thursday, October 09, 2008 1:25:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yeah it's supposed to cool down THEN get so hot and windy that the whole state might burn down. Yipee!

SO annoyed.

Thursday, October 09, 2008 8:18:00 AM  
Blogger suburban housefrau said...

I love me some Take on Me. I might have to check out their other stuff (I didn't know they had any ;-o)

Pipe Wrench Fiiiiight...

Thursday, October 09, 2008 8:46:00 AM  
Anonymous :: jozjozjoz.com :: said...

That video cracked me up when I saw it the other day. I watched it like 10 times!

Thursday, October 09, 2008 9:06:00 AM  
Blogger La Pixie said...

are you gonna try out Mickeys Halloween time?

Thursday, October 09, 2008 9:56:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I wonder if this is the A-ha video I've heard so much about. So sad that I'll never see it as I CAN'T WATCH videos. It's so ridiculous. Maybe Santa will bring me a new computer for Xmas.

Thursday, October 09, 2008 11:47:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

I can't wait for Andy to get home. and if he's seen it before, he'd better not tell me.

Thursday, October 09, 2008 2:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Holy crap that was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. That was awesome!

Friday, October 10, 2008 7:03:00 AM  
Blogger Keely said...

Your disclaimer cracked me up... and just so you know, your twitters and blog are regularly read out loud to my husband by me while I laugh hysterically. The other night, I almost peed my pants and Z looked at me like I was nuts. Thanks for that. :)

Friday, October 10, 2008 2:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Daniel said...

Hey, thanks for posting a link to me. That video is hilarious!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 6:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home