Thursday, October 30, 2008

In the chill of night, at the scene of a crime
Like a streak of light, he arrives just in time.


Halloween's not tomorrow. Nope. I refuse to believe it. After all, how are you supposed to go trick or treating when it's hot enough to wear shorts and a tank top? Nevertheless, holiday food has to be made. So I baked up some Vegan Chocobats the other night. What exactly would a vegan bat eat, anyway? A lactose intolerant mouse? I dunno.

But there are more to these bats than what you see. Their lives do not start and stop at cookie-dom. Nope, I have big plans for these orthodontically challenged bad boys. Just you wait and see.

In other oddity news O.G. keeps buying crap. No, seriously, cheap crap toys for the kids. While it is appreciated I often wonder if she has seriously lost it. She never thinks these things through and buys things that you throw (danger), shoot (more danger) or are freakish. Such as the latest crap toy is a mini Spider-man who grows to 600 TIMES his size when put in water. Note: it says 'choking hazard NOT for children under 3'. Rules, schmules, I guess. It is suggested that he be dropped into a bottle. So I put this thing in - which takes TEN days by the way, hell, my vacuum still isn't fixed but apparently I can grow my own Spider-man in the same amount of time.And ten days later? I've got a crazy f*ed up science experiment on my counter.How'd you like running into that in the middle of the night when you're going to get some water?? As if I don't already have a stalker giraffe problem, now I've got these things.

Now look, it grew, great wonderful, big deal. But the damn things CAN'T COME OUT. Don't you think the trash man is going to be like WTF kind of freak experiments are you doing embalming miniature Spider-men in milk bottles? I'm just going to leave them on the street. I'm sure the neighbors will be thrilled.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger deanna said...

Those spidermen are seriously disturbing!

Thursday, October 30, 2008 6:40:00 AM  
Blogger ZooKeeper said...

I'd seriously rather go trick-or-treating in a tank top rather than in the winter coat, boots and gloves I will have to wear tonight when we go. Yes, we have snow. *sob*

Thursday, October 30, 2008 6:42:00 AM  
Blogger mamafabun said...

We've had those weird things on our counter a few times. If you drain the water and let them dry out, they'll shrink back down to original size.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:03:00 AM  
OpenID 12ontheinside said...

Wow! I have never seen those spidey man things here. I wish I had one! For my desk at work!

Thursday, October 30, 2008 2:37:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

This post had Brent and I both dying of laughter. Brent also said the same thing as mamafabun because apparently I'm married to the expert on toys that grow freakishly large under water. Wait, that sounded bad...

Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:21:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

i think it's better to have hot weather to go trick or treating than rain weather...
yes, they'll shrink back to size once you remove the water...
thanks for the mochi =)

Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Oh we played with one of those last year (a crab, not spidey) and if you empty the water from the bottle, spiderman will shrink.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home