Friday, October 24, 2008

It squeaks when you bang it. That's what she said.

~spoilers~
Man, that picture makes me laugh.

Compared to last week's episode this one felt much more light, stupid and fun. Just the way I like the Office.

I just about died when Michael introduced Springsteen by playing 'The Heart of Rock and Roll'. More importantly, HOLY CRAP ROY. Yikes. I am well aware that I am being set up for a heartbreaker at the end of this season, I'm guessing, more than usual.

I was disappointed to see that Angela did, well - nothing. I wanted something to come out of that, and I don't mean next week, I mean now. I am incredibly impatient.

As fun as this episode was to watch, my attention was elsewhere. You see, 30 Rock is premiering next week, and well...I can't wait. No. Seriously. I can't. So I...watched it.

I have to say, as much as I adore my Directv, I don't entirely trust it. I always feel like it's a best friend waiting to stab me in the back. Sure it will work 98% of the time, but ask it to tape the season opener of Top Chef and suddenly it stops working, the finicky beyotch. Maybe it's because I toy with it's emotions. Use it against the kids. When they ask to watch Diego and the Dinosaurs for the 100th time, I coyly say, "OH NO. Directv deleted it! Guess we'll have to watch Barefoot Contessa..." to which the kids scream in agony and cry, "NO MOMMY, NOT COOKING AGAIN!"

Wait. What was I talking about? OH. Right. Yeah so as not to get into a battle with my Directv, I watched the season premiere of 30 Rock, already. It's here if you want it.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger suburban housefrau said...

My kid actually LIKES Ina. It started when he was in infant - it was one of the things next to National Geographic that would capture his attention completely. Now he gets up in my lap and we watch Barefoot and talk about what she's going to make. He screams out "milk!" "apple!" (he's almost 2) So sometimes in between Thomas and Yo Gabba Headtrip, or Blue's I can get him to watch some Ina.

Friday, October 24, 2008 8:52:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Ah...I was wondering what in the hell all of the "watching 30 Rock" stuff on Twitter was about. As excited as I am to see it, I'd much rather wait to see it on the big tv than on a computer screen. Plus, if someone tell me spoilers, my brain is like a sieve lately and I'll forget by next week!

Friday, October 24, 2008 9:36:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

That picture cracks me up. Jim and Pam...I am worried!

Friday, October 24, 2008 9:59:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

personally, I really liked it. especially Roy's simple statement.

Friday, October 24, 2008 1:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Ku said...

This is way you are my online blogging hero. LOL. My husband thinks I am crazy for watching all of these cooking shows and going to chef school. XD My poor son.

Wow it's been a while since I commented. Toddlers are a handful.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 7:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home