Friday, October 10, 2008

It's about this guy named Dumbledore Calrissian...

Oh man. That episode hit a little to close to home for me. I get emails all day about things were are and are not allowed to do at work. When Jim busted out the stopwatch I just about died. There's a certain amount of personal freedom that makes people want work harder, I think. We recently got an office lecture about the fact that we are not 'paid to go to the bathroom.' So whenever I travel to go to meetings I just tell the secretary that when people call for me, just tell them that 'I'm in the bathroom. Yes, for an hour.' No matter how many times I tell her to do that she never does. Huh. Go figure.

Yes, morale is bad in the office, and while my bake-a-thon did smooth things over for a day, things are back to 'normal.' That is not a good thing, as the girl next to me can attest, as I heard her crying yesterday.

Yeah, yeah, I am the idiot since I am still there. But I have one big pet peeve. Yes, only one. And it's not that we can't go to the bathroom, or talk out loud, or use the internet, or use the exits, (we got a memo on all of those things, no joke) no my one big problem is that they don't provide Kleenex. You have no idea how this can affect your life. You don't realize how lucky you are to be able to go to a supply closet and get a new box whenever you want. You don't realize that your co-workers are stealing individual tissues of your very own personal Kleenex box that you bought on sale at Target to specially put next to your monitor and you chose pink cause you thought it'd make you happy when in reality the color doesn't matter...yeah. No, you forget such things when Kleenex is at your disposal willy nilly.

Today I ran out. I reached into the box and there was...nothing. I'm not kidding, I panicked something crazy. Life without Kleenex is not a life worth living. How else am I going to blow my nose, or maniacally wipe down my keyboard, or clean up the blood when I cut my finger with an xacto? I can go without food and water, but Kleenex, forget it.

I guess...this wasn't much of an Office recap, as it was a recap of my office. Sad. What can I say except seeing Dwight pee into a bottle made me sick yet...thirsty for soda...

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Have you ever worked somewhere that did provide tissues? Wow. We are lucky to have toilet paper...and often run out by the end of the day. We have a lot of rules too. The latest is we were told no one can wear headphones/listen to iPods or other mp3 players when doing paperwork. But, so far there has been no ban on the constant blathering about day care. Go figure. Those who sometimes did wear headphones did it so they could concentrate. We share computers...no privacy...with a bunch of chatty women. Yeah, work sucks, but I guess we're lucky to have jobs at this time.

P.S. Loved The Office this week. The Battlestar Galactica scene nearly killed me. HILARIOUS!

Friday, October 10, 2008 2:05:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

The Office was hilarious last night. Your office though? Very painful in a not funny way. I hope you can get the hell out of there and find a place that provides kleenex. It's just the RIGHT THING TO DO. (Provide Kleenex that is.)

Friday, October 10, 2008 7:54:00 AM  
OpenID discotrash said...

you know if you constantly make your employees cry you should supply kleenex. duh.

Friday, October 10, 2008 8:06:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Stop making me so sad with your job! It makes me want to rescue you. You always bring out the protective nurterer in me. LOL.

That episode hit close to home for me also because I violate every one of those rules :( I suck.

The Battle Star Gallactica scene was my favorite part too.

Friday, October 10, 2008 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger CageQueen said...

We don't have any supplies here-we buy everything on our own, from Kleenex to pens. I feel ya.

Friday, October 10, 2008 9:01:00 AM  
OpenID kekkaree said...

We don't get Kleenex here either. It is super sad. Our office does provide some office supplies, but they suck. When I complained to our office manager about the crappy pens he orders, he looked at me and said "Really? I never use them. I just buy my own."

Therefore, I buy my own anyway...good excuse to go to Target!

Friday, October 10, 2008 9:58:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

a couple of days ago I asked a co-worker if he remembers Joe vs the Volcano. he agreed it was what our work environment has deteriorated to.

Saturday, October 11, 2008 11:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home