Sunday, October 26, 2008

No windows. And no doors.

We went to Disneyland last week, big surprise, but this time it was for Disney's Halloween Trick or Treat. California Adventure is shut down from 6:30pm to 10:30pm for ticketed guests only, so are some of the rides and concessions, but there is still plenty to do and see. While the $37 price tag may stop people - this year in particular, I really felt like it was it was worth it. Then again, I got an annual passholder discount and the Baby was free, so.

It's almost like a giant private party, there are no lines for the rides, especially the 'E' ticket rides, so it's great for adults. Halloween is not like it used to be. It's not like the old days where you can just saunter up to your creepy neighbor's house and ask for candy. Nope. Now there are organized safe environments. It's sad, but what are you gonna do. One of my neighbors beats his dog and swears at his girlfriend, so I don't feel like the kids need a Kit Kat from him anyway.

Of course there's candy here, what's Halloween without candy? There are 'treat stations' set up throughout the park, yeah, it's not like going door to door, but it fun to find them and get some loot. The kids enjoy it, and it's good candy too. They also gave away boxes of raisins, apples and dried fruit. Which I saw a bunch of people...give back. HA!

We stopped at one station and the guy said to the Kid, 'You are so cute! Let me give you the GOOD stuff, all chocolates!' I just about died when I saw the Kid's face. Since he's allergic to chocolate he looked like someone had punched him in the gut. It was hilarious. I told him some kids are happy to get chocolate, don't sweat it. Obviously I am going to eat it, man this holiday is going to make me fat.It was a long night, with lots of - UGH - walking, but the kids had so much fun. Sadly, I didn't really let them dress up (plenty of other people did) because there's some wicked heat wave going on right now in SoCal, and it was about 95 degrees all the way up to 8 at night. Odd. The kids got so much candy I came home and weighed it and they had picked up...SIX POUNDS. Damn, that's a lot of candy.

More Disney Trick or Treat photos, here.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please report that dog beater to animal control.

Sunday, October 26, 2008 6:02:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I agree with anonymous above about the dog. I'd call in a heartbeat.

So jealous about the Disney thing since I didn't go this season. I wish I'd known about the event...I probably could have gone. I guess I need to stop deleting those emails Disney sends me before I read them. Ha!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:18:00 AM  
Anonymous ally said...

Are those Mater raisins? Ooooh, I want those! Oh, and Luigi, too! Those boxes are so cute!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home