Sunday, October 19, 2008

Phoebe: Come on Ross, you're a paleontologist, dig a little deeper.

It has become apparent that the Baby's dino fascination is not a phase. There are dinos all over the house, he talks about them all day, he ONLY wants to wear his dino underwear (I have two pairs - seriously, where do I get more?) and pretends he is a dino all day long. It's freakin' dino-tastic around here.

I even spent the big bucks and took him to Staples Center to see "Walking with the Dinosaurs." I thought the kids would be frightened, but they were enthralled. It was wonderfully done and there was a huge amount of learnin' involved.

On our recent Pasadena trip, I made sure that the highlight of the day was to go to The Dinosaur Farm. A toy store in South Pasadena, it has a bunch of toys, but the big deal is that it has a whole dino room in the front. It's amazing. No wonder it was voted best toy store. It's a rather large space and they do a great job of displaying the toys and have a wide assortment of items for kids of all ages. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful too, that will make me a repeat customer every time.The Baby was in awe.We stayed there over an hour. My plan was to buy him one big dino of his choice, but he didn't really choose one. I am lucky in that my kids are not the kind who beg, plead, throw tantrums if they don't get something as they leave a toy store. His favorites are the 'long necks' and so he ended up with a Camarasauras. At least that's what he told me it was, and when I looked at the tag and he was correct! Quick, someone buy me a 'MY CHILD IS A GENIUS' bumper sticker.

When I told him that 'long necks' ate "leaves - like salad," he was disgusted. He decided he'd much rather be a T-Rex. That's a meateater for you.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Beth said...

New dino underwear can be had on eBay.

Monday, October 20, 2008 1:10:00 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I don't know if you are feeling crafty but I had just read this post of yours earlier today, then saw this at Craftzine: http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2008/10/how_to_dinosaur_play_mat.html

Monday, October 20, 2008 1:40:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Walking With Dinosaurs was AMAZING!

Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home