Friday, October 10, 2008

A very merry unbirthday to you

Mother's Cookies is closing down, so no more pink and white Circus Animal cookies. I never liked them that much but my brother loved them.

I proclaim next week Birthday Baking Week. Not my birthday. No, it just seems to me that lots of people have birthdays in October, and so I've been baking a lot of birthday presents. Jodi says that this is because October is 40 weeks after January, so lots of people have been gettin' it on in the New Year. Gross. I don't want to think about people's parents doin' it.

In any case, I've been baking a lot of birthday sweets as gifts. So next week I'll post them each day. That's the plan anyway. Unless I get distracted by something shiny and post about shoes or something. It's a toss up around here.

My plan this weekend is to make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Obviously it has chocolate in it so the Kid won't be eating it. I guess I'll just have to eat them all in hiding over the kitchen sink at midnight. Good lord, HIS allergies make me feel like I have an eating disorder. Well someone has to take the chocolate bullet, and I'm all over it.

These are SO good for this nice cold, winter-y fall weather. See what I did there? I WISHED it therefore it will be so. Go away heat. I'm over you.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins
recipe

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

No more Mother's Cookies?! Not that I like them all that much but still, it's sad. They were a part of my childhood. It's an end of an era.

Saturday, October 11, 2008 9:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home