Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Woody: YOU! ARE! A! TOYYYYY! You're not the real Buzz Lightyear! You're - you are an action figure!

When I sit around here in my mansion and clap my hands for the maid to come pick up my used kleenex, I think to myself, man, life is hard. While none of that is true, it is true that life is hard, especially since neat freak me does not have maid, and currently, not even a vacuum. The vacuum suddenly broke and it at the repair shop - what was supposed to take 10 days has stretched well beyond that and I am pretty ticked off. I normally vacuum 3 times a day. In the morning before work, when I get home from work and then before the kids go to bed. Told you, neat freak.

Without a vacuum I have been directing my OCD cleanliness efforts elsewhere. Recently the Kid saw a stuffed giraffe at the store. Usually my kids don't ask for things, but he would not let this one go. We even went home and he kept talking about how he wanted it. I told him that if he wanted it he'd have to throw out a toy in it's place. He picked up my Henry and said, "Do you still want this?" HELLO. I've had that for 30+ years, Henry is to me as HaHa is to the Kid. Throw out your own toy, sucka!

So he went through his stuff again, and we ended up doing a FULL house cleaning. I now have EIGHT bags for Goodwill. It's crazy. And yes, the Kid threw out more than his share of toys.

In the end we went back to the store and he got his giraffe. At 30" tall and $20, it wasn't a bad deal, really. But the thing is so tall and it has this weird quizzical expression it sort of...freaks me out. Especially when I am trying to watch tv, and it's just...staring at me.

Maybe he's keeping his eye on me, knowing that I am the Queen of throwing out toys and replacing them with new ones. He better mind his biz. If I see that sneaky giraffe at the end of my bed in the middle of the night peeking at me, it's on like Donkey Kong. That thing is outta here.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Wow. I knew you scrubbed the kitchen 3x/day, but you vacuum that often too? What in the world happens at your house while you are at work? Ha! I'm just busting your chops because I under-clean, even though I have a robot vacuum cleaner. Pathetic.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:19:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That last picture is perfection! So funny.

You are invited to come vacuum my house while you wait. I'm a true friend that way :)

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger The Daily Randi said...

You know about My Giraffe Issues, right?

xoxo,
TDR

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Ally said...

That last picture of the giraffe made me laugh out loud. Now my office mate is looking at me funny...

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:34:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Having 'Raffe flashbacks, man.
I was there in the thick of it.
No I know never to go to your (long) neck of the woods.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Babs said...

You vacuum three times a day? I barely vacuum three times a month! I'm such a slob.

Going to clean soemthing...

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:42:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Randi and Mike, I promise this giraffe thing is not going to get out of control, no way no how.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:58:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

What's the giraffe's name? Should I put a price on its head?

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:48:00 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

An entire house cleaning for the price fo $20... and a bonus, kick-@ss giraffe!!

Thursday, October 30, 2008 1:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home