Monday, November 17, 2008

And the tenderness I feel, will send the dark underneath, will I follow?

As with all my craft shows I make Burger Bites to take with me and hand out to friends who visit the booth. I always run out, no matter how many I make. I individually wrap all of them for your protection. I mean, for freshness.

Today, I opened up my MSL magazine to see a holiday ad from Nestle and whaddya know? Not only did Nestle rip off my burger cookies but also Bakerella's cheesecake pop idea. Granted they changed the recipes up, but you get the gist of where it came from. Nice job Nestle. Obviously someone who works for them has been trolling the web.
*Added: Point modified here- I found it interesting that all the recipes in the ad were recent things that have been popular on the internet. There. How's that for clarification?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... as long as you give credit. If I don't come up with the idea myself, I try my best to give props to the people that inspired me. For instance, I love the book:Hello, Cupcake! I use it all the time for great cupcake inspiration and ideas. The minute I saw their 'Corn on the Cob' cupcake, I just KNEW I had to make them for sko_G's birthday because he loves him some corn, and I thought they'd be hilarious. They turned out fantastic, just like the book said they would! The Starburst as butter, plus black and white sanding sugar for salt and pepper added just the right touch.Point is, inspiration is everywhere. Felt Club was fabulous because you got to see so many crafters with great - and maybe similar - ideas all in one room. There is always some overlap, creative types tend to think alike - but there is room for everyone, crafting/baking shouldn't be a competition but a collaboration.

But yeah, if you blatantly rip me off without credit - yes, I will call you a dick on the internet.'Corn on the Cob' cupcakes how to - here.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Caveman said...

Now, I'm just in awe of your cupcake prowess.

Monday, November 17, 2008 8:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I like corn. A lot. (So do hamsters! Go figure!)

Monday, November 17, 2008 9:06:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

The corn cupcakes are adorable! I haven't seen those before.

Don't be too upset about the burger cookies. I remember making those with my mom in the '70s before we even moved to California. I think they've been around a while, though there are definitely lots of variations out there...

Monday, November 17, 2008 9:18:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Well who cares about me. I think we all know who came up with the cake pop.

Monday, November 17, 2008 10:25:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Their photo makes it look like its burger doodoo.

Monday, November 17, 2008 11:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my mom used to make those burgers for bake sales 15 years ago (always a big hit). that idea has been around forever.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:52:00 AM  
Anonymous renee said...

While I agree with you that they are obviously taking advantage of what's "going 'round the web", both of those ideas have been around a long time.

There is a restaurant in NYC that was featured on the food network that does cheesecake pops and lamb savory pops and a score of others and that was about 5 years ago.

Please don't be offended because you are still a genius. We love your recipes and ideas.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

These are faaabulous!

Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those cheese cake pops have also been around for more than a few year also. Everything old is new again

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 8:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home