Monday, November 17, 2008

First rule of Felt Club

Yesterday was Felt Club - this year it was my one and only craft show of the season, and it was amazing, fun, and exhausting. Jenny did a great job putting the whole thing together - this was the biggest ever! I've been before as a shopper, but this was my first year as a vendor. The promotion was fantastic. It was crazy crowded, I heard some people waited over an hour just to get in.

I did really well - considering the economy and the crazy fires in L.A., I wasn't sure what to expect, if anyone would show up at all, let alone buy. But I am extremely happy and sales were fantastic. I had a lot of fun seeing old friends and making lots of new ones. Almost all my cookies were gone by the end of the day - since I had 50+ of them and only handed them out to people that I knew, that is a damn lot of cookies. Er, people.

I also gave away over 300+ postcards. I still have more, email me your address if you want one. After all, now over 300 Angelenos have one, as does Martha Stewart. Ha - hilarious.

The highlight of the day was also what is sure to give me the title: Best Mother in the World. I met the one and only DJ Lance Rock of Yo Gabba Gabba fame. He was just the nicest ever, and even came and bought a bunch of robot cards from my booth. Since the kids only see him on tv, when I told them that I met AND talked to him they were like...'Whaaa...?"

It was a great day - it felt like the holidays where all your good friends and family are in one place and everyone is in a festive happy mood. But with spandex entertainment. Here's to next year!

Blurry and dark pics here.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous christina from fullerton said...

Nice to de-lurk myself all the way from fullerton and meet you at the show! although, I wont lie that I cant deny, i did it all for the cookie...

thanks for introducing me to the felt club through your blog, it was fantastic. i was one of the suckas who waited almost and hour to get in, but i will definitely attend again next year!

Monday, November 17, 2008 8:56:00 AM  
Anonymous alibaba37 said...

I received your postcards, they are awesome! Thank you very much!
I'm glad that felt club was a success for you, I couldn't make it out. Next year for sure!

Monday, November 17, 2008 9:12:00 AM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

sadness I missed it again this year and seeing you in person.

That's awesome that the turnout was great this year and your booth was popping.

Monday, November 17, 2008 9:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Hilary said...

Thanks for the cookies! My Little LOVED it and couldn't stop talking about them.

Monday, November 17, 2008 10:56:00 AM  
OpenID discotrash said...

hey jenn! im going to link your recipe blog to mine. because your kid has the allergies (my best friend has MANY) and because you do some good veggie recipes, i want to put you on our blog roll!

Cheers!

Monday, November 17, 2008 11:10:00 AM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

You just HAAAAD to put a link to the "spandex entertainment"...

Monday, November 17, 2008 4:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home