Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Affleck: You gotta do the safe picture. Then the art picture.
Damon: And sometimes, you do Reindeer Games.
Affleck: See, that's just mean.

Christmas is coming faster than I choose to admit. With just two one week to go, bang a gong, it is on. On the agenda, little treats to give the kid's school friends. I decided to turn it into a 'Craft Project', wink-wink, i.e. child labor.

I also didn't feel like spending a lot of money, because after the Halloween treats, I realized that there are FORTY FIVE kids total that we need to give stuff too. Hellz no. So I went cheap and bought 4 boxes of candy canes. Each kid was going to get ONE. I figure they'll get enough junk this season, it's just the thought that counts.
So I involved the kids by bringing back an OLD SKOOL craft, the candy cane reindeer. It's so easy it hurts. Just glue on some eyeballz, pom pom noses and twist some brown pipe cleaners up for antlers. Btw, pipe cleaners are no longer called such, they are now referred to as "chenille stems." What's up with that BS?

Finally we got it done. I'd say that's a PLETHORA of reindeer, wouldn't you? The Kid was all into it, he was a big help. The Baby did one and quickly caught on to the child labor ruse and went to go watch Superfriends. Smart kid.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hate to break it to you but there's only 1 week to go, not two :)

Those reindeer are such a boast from the past. Forgot about those entirely till I saw the picture.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:53:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Ha~ Sarah, you caught me! I wrote this last week and forgot about it. So when we made those...xmas was TWO weeks ago!!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 7:00:00 AM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

They will forever remain as pipecleaners in my 10 yo memories.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 9:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Hilary said...

Chenille stems? "Hi, I'd like to buy that thing to clean my pipes. Yeah, the chenille stems."

WTF?

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Jazmin said...

You will not believe it but the first time I saw these were two years ago at my old job when a co-worker passed them out to everyone in the office.... i thought they were the cutest!!!!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I noticed that about pipe cleaners too when I bought some recently. WTF. I had delusions of making these simple, cute crocheted candy canes for everyone. Ha. Maybe next year. My mantra.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Well, honestly, who has ever used those to clean their pipes? I don't see plumbers walking around with those. ;)

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Benedict said...

I found a great deal of helpful info here!
digital advertising agency | juego de carreras | travel insurance international

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Horatio said...

I believe everybody ought to look at this.
this site

Sunday, December 18, 2011 8:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home