Wednesday, December 24, 2008

And the flesh you so fancifully fry, is not succulent, tasty or kind
It's death for no reason and death for no reason is murder

I drove by the mall - I'm surprised people are still shopping. I'd say either get all the madness done early (which is exactly what I did) or just forget it and go watch tv.

The kids are all excited because Santa is coming tomorrow night. Tomorrow night?? What! All I can say is I will be ticked if he drops off this around these parts:

I will personally kick Santa's a$$. The Kid's main deal is that we HAVE to put out cookies for Santa and a carrot for his reindeer. Hm. I keep trying to convince them that Santa would really dig a half eaten bag of tortilla chips and some root beer, but they don't seem to be buying it.

What is on your holiday menu? Cause ours...is pretty f*ed up this year. In an odd turn of events, our meal looks like this: my Aunt is a believer that Christmas isn't Christmas without turkey, so she's making one. The rest of the family is sick of turkey since Thanksgiving was just a few weeks ago, so O.G. bought a ham. Ok. But my cousin hates ham. So my mom is making a roast. WHAT. That's three, count 'em, three meat-astic entrees right there, and I don't even eat meat that much! One thing my family isn't, is vegan.

Another thing that definitely isn't vegan is Jell-O. Hello, hooves and bones, anyone? But If you need a surefire recipe to wow 'em at the potlucks, look no further. I posted this recipe years ago, but people still always ask for it, Broken Glass Jello. I hope you all have a good holiday. I hope I survive the meatfest. Happy holidays!Broken Glass Jello recipe

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Holiday menu? Hmmm...Asian buffet in Burbank on Christmas Eve before our two parties. Christmas dinner is usually at Canter's either before or after the movies!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 12:36:00 AM  
Blogger CSG said...

This year, for the first time, I will be hosting Christmas lunch (lunch is huge in Spain). Main dish:
Roast Suckling Pig

but we asked the butcher to cut it in pieces, I just can't look at that little face and then eat it :(

Feliz Navidad to you and your family!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:10:00 AM  
Anonymous alibaba37 said...

Baby will be happy with the meat spread. Have a wonderful and stress free holiday!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 9:45:00 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

I think the giant life-size dino is awesome! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 12:05:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

sounds yumster to me. Merry Christmas to you guys. we're still in the ice, rain, snow cycle. it's ok. what matters matters most. hugs and toodles

(oh yak).

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 1:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home