Monday, December 15, 2008

Be-de-be-de-be-de - that's all, folks!

I am a big fan of Giada DeLaurentiis. Maybe I just like boobs. Or giant heads. Anyway, she is a GOOD chef and that's all that matters. I don't consider her a fakey one, just because she is pretty. I have a few of her cookbooks and the recipes are always spot on.
Right now tomatoes are perfect, and I saw these little grape tomatoes at the farmer's market and I remembered a recipe of Giada's from her newest book. It was actually in her 'kids cooking' section, and it's a take on a pretty standard recipe, with a twist.

Basically it's a pasta with tomatoes, mozzarella balls (bocconcini) and tiny chicken meatballs. How adorable. I couldn't resist it, however I don't care for ground chicken all that much, so I changed it to turkey. I also changed the pasta from an orriechette to a more familiar penne rigate. Sometimes the idea is there, you just have to change it up to suit your tastes.

Man this dish came out good. However there are some people you just can't please. Like the Baby. And Padma. You'll never know when she...or the Baby, will spit food into a napkin. He ate one meatball and said, "DIS IS NOT PORK....IS IT." Not a question. Just a statement. How did he know? I hesitated, thought about lying to him, but gave in and said, he was right, it was NOT pork. And he refused to eat anymore meatballs! Damn! Next time I will lie or just change it to pork meatballs. sigh. Carnivores.Penne with Mini Meatballs recipe

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I agree, a Giada recipe has never failed me. I have 2 of her books and a third on the way. My faves are all appetizers:
-breaded raviolis
-homemade pita chips and white bean hummus
-stuffed mushrooms

Did you see her bomb on Oprah last week? It was horrible, then I hated Oprah (even more than I do) for making Giada feel/look dumb :(

Monday, December 15, 2008 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

I like Giada's recipes but I can't stand watching her. Or Rachel. Or Sandra. Or the Barefoot Contessa. They all bug me. Wow, maybe I don't like female chefs?? No, I like watching Paula Deen though her recipes clog my arteries through the TV. And I LOVE Nigella Lawson. But that's because she is hawt and I have a girl crush on her.

Monday, December 15, 2008 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

i LOVE her too! i have two of her cookbooks and she is the only i tivo and can stand to watch! my mom and i always watched her when i was on bedrest and she ALWAYS had to make a comment about her head and my husband always commented on her chest. how could you not, it was always out there saying "hello"!

Monday, December 15, 2008 1:32:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

i also like her recipes. and her t-rex arms (goes with the big head, i guess).

baby is my kinda person. pork is goood.

Monday, December 15, 2008 1:50:00 PM  
Anonymous jazmin said...

LOL at the baby's comments.. you can't fool him!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home