Thursday, December 25, 2008

But the very next day you gave it away

Christmas was great. There was much meat. Then I came home and immediately took down the tree. I usually leave it up longer, but I am craving the space. With the kid's new toys and me at my wits end with the cleanliness, yes - I took down the tree on Christmas like a total Grinch. The kids are going to wake up and be very confused. 'Tree? What tree? We never had a tree, don't be crazy.'

I am going to be one of those insane people and go shopping before sunrise tomorrow morning. My SIL wants to hit the Target sale, and who am I to say no to Target...ever. I definitely will be a bit restrained with the shopping though, because I think...I got laid off on Christmas Eve. Nice timing, no? It's still all a bit vague, but let's just say I won't be working next week, when I was planning to. Nothing like economic downturn to ring in the holiday joy.

Holiday highlights include:

-The Baby being HORRIFIED that Santa had the nerve to break into our house and eat cookies.

-O.G. telling my brother to go home because he forgot her gift.

-The Baby receiving a 30" tall dino. No, not this one, but still just as disturbing.

-Watching my SIL attempt to put together a hot wheels race track without instructions. (bad idea)

-Not getting anything in my stocking. This is my own fault as..."Santa" (air quote, wink*wink) should really be more responsible in making sure that everyone gets something. (Note to self: buy myself some stocking stuffers to keep up the ruse.) I said, "OH NO. Mommy didn't get presents, I must have been bad." The Kid said, "Is it cause you yell all the time?" Freakin' smart ass kids.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I can't believe you took down the tree! Granted, I just put mine up last night and it's only a foot tall, so the space thing is not an issue! But, I really can't believe you're braving Target at insane o'clock! Good luck with that!

P.S. I of course hope you didn't lose your job.

Friday, December 26, 2008 2:40:00 AM  
OpenID discotrash said...

did you really lose your job? oh jenn im so sorry. if i werent unemployed id buy more goodies from your shop. my boyfriend is getting sick of the notes on the "youre on my shit list" note pad ;)

Saturday, December 27, 2008 5:39:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

That last Xmas highlight had us all rollin' on the floor...my sister included since we're at home at the moment. hilarious! Thanks for the holiday laugh...

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 8:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home