Saturday, December 27, 2008

Flashback, warm nights, almost left behind. Suitcases of memories...

For days after Christmas it means -- more cleaning! Well, more than usual, which for me is A LOT. I go through the kids toys with a fine tooth comb and really start tossing the unused things, and then Goodwilling the stuff they've grown out of. It's kind of sad actually. At the speed they've completely moved on to big boy clothes it makes me fear for my pocketbook.

I don't know if anyone watched that Top Chef holiday special but it was pretty funny. They made the finalists make a dish out of leftovers in 30 minutes. It was kind of annoying, but it makes sense, I mean, who doesn't have leftovers after a party? Normally I can't stand leftovers but after a HUGE holiday meal, you can't really help it.
My tradition has always been to make a day-after-the-holiday breakfast. We always have tons of garlic mashed potatoes because my family is carb-tastic. So I take those and make little fried potato pancakes. I remember O.G. making these for me every Christmas vacation. Then I scramble an egg with some leftover ham, place it on a leftover sweet bread roll with some cheese, and there you go. A quick breakfast leftover treat. The kids love anything stacked like a sandwich and the best part is they don't even notice the re-purposing of the food.

Now if only they wouldn't notice me throwing out their toys left and right. But really, I don't want to hear it because this nightmare takes up half my living room:Also known as the 'Hot Wheels Fireball' it was the only thing (please please please) the Kid wanted for Christmas. My cousin bought it for him and paid a whopping $40 - which of course went on sale for $20 the day after xmas. This horribly made piece of crap took 4 of us to put together, AND it arrived broken. Of course the Kid loves it. I tried to disassemble it and return it, I mean it's broken after all, and he threw a fit like you wouldn't believe. He said, "It doesn't work very well....BUT I LOVE IT." Guess what's going into the post Christmas clean up next year...

Post Holiday Breakfast how-to
, here.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous kat said...

oh honey, it wouldn't work that well even if it wasn't broken.

and if someone gets him out of the house for the day...who'd ever know?

Saturday, December 27, 2008 5:33:00 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

They just don't make toys like they used too...my son had gotten an Etch a Sketch last year...with in a month it was leaking the graphite stuff...WTF!! And what do you know...MADE IN CHINA...I actually got him an old school one on Ebay...made in the USA...the thing's at least 30 years old and still works great...

Sunday, December 28, 2008 4:09:00 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Hey Jenn,

I am just getting ready to throw this out my self. It is the worst toy. We got it about 5 years ago and the thing never works right. I don't know if yours has the netting to go around it. Ours did and if you didn't have the netting in place you risked getting hit by a flying car. That takes a little fun out of it. Good luck.

Sunday, December 28, 2008 5:32:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

We have 100,000 of those Hot Wheels Tricks Trax in the house and I'm about to pack them into a plastic bin which I will then fill with kerosene and gleefully light on fire.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 5:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Alger said...

I believe everyone ought to browse on it.
sexy maids | sex secretary | crotchless pantyhose

Monday, February 27, 2012 3:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home